Des Moines University 2022-2023 Application Cycle

17 hours ago, axp4837 said:

For those who completed the Kira assessment, does everyone who completed Kira get invited to campus, or is it based off of how we did? Also, how long did it take for them to contact you after completing Kira?

I believe that everyone who was invited to the Kira interview is invited to a group interview since the group interview invite was sent out before they would have had a chance to review it. I didn't think they were doing on campus invitations though, I thought everything was virtual, so not I'm confused.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:55 AM, prepa01234 said:

You have to do the Kira assessment within one week of receiving the invitation. Then after you complete it you will receive another email with info on the actual interview!

I’m mostly referencing this, @prepayjaysince the initial interview email only includes specific information about Kira. So I’m wondering how long after completing the Kira assessment did it take for them to follow up about the actual interview? 

On 8/23/2022 at 4:14 PM, axp4837 said:

For those who completed the Kira assessment, does everyone who completed Kira get invited to campus, or is it based off of how we did? Also, how long did it take for them to contact you after completing Kira?

I think I was able to schedule my interview about 2 days after I did my Kira. Just FYI, DMU is only doing Zoom interviews this year

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 10:57 PM, Ferret said:

There were 15 of us in the 8/2 interview! Very casual. In my opinion, once you get to that point it's DMU trying to sell themselves to YOU. We had time to ask current students questions afterward which I thought was fun and helpful.

Wow that’s a lot for a group interview! Is it actually an interview where they ask you questions then or more of an “info session”? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, dw8899 said:

Anyone that was interviewed/accepted to this program open to sharing their stats? Looking to possibly apply here next cycle!

Here are my stats, I was accepted on 8/15. 

CumGPA: 3.3
SciGPA: 3.1
GRE: 321
PCE: 2800
HCE: 600
Research: 480
Shadowing: 58 PA, 30 MD/DO
Volunteering: 100

• Like 1

Got waitlisted after the 10/18 group interview. Will be removing myself from the waitlist since I was accepted into one of my top programs so hopefully this opens a spot for someone else! Don’t lose hope, it looks like sending them updates and statements of continued interest are really valued for people on the waitlist. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...