2022-2023 application cycle

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cheetah111 said:

@dai1612 congratulations!! 🎉🤩 I received an interview invite 9/7. Do you speak Spanish? Also, how was the interview! 

Congrats on your interview!! Spanish is my first language, but I’m fluent in both Spanish and English. The interview was so nice! I had two interviewers and they were wonderful, no questions to trip you up as long as you know medicine is what you want to pursue. Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cheetah111 said:

@dai1612 congratulations!! 🎉🤩 I received an interview invite 9/7. Do you speak Spanish? Also, how was the interview! 

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and was accepted yesterday and do not speak Spanish! I took 5 years of Spanish but have gone 4 years without using it and can hardly communicate anymore but I reiterated my desire to re-learn and how living in a Spanish speaking region would help me do that. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:41 PM, Cheetah111 said:

@hannah9379 amazing! 🎉♥️ Will you be accepting your offer?!

Unfortunately, I only speak English. I am Italian and Puerto Rican so I would LOVE to learn Spanish. My father was PR but passed away when I was young so I didn’t learn the language. This program would give me the opportunity I didn’t have to learn about my PR heritage! 

I honestly have not decided. I'm very concerned about the disadvantage of not being able to speak Spanish, but I also think I could re-learn fairly quickly by living in a Spanish speaking region, I'm torn