2022-2023 Cycle: South University

On 7/1/2022 at 10:45 AM, calistataylor said:

I loved it!!! It was the first interview I have done so I don't have much to compare it to though haha. But it was super super chill very low pressure honestly. The first day was just getting to know everyone and dinner with the current students was so fun. They were very honest with us and we had full permission to ask them all the juicy questions we wanted honest answers to about the program or life in savannah etc. It was really cool to get a student's point of view and hear how obsessed with the program and the faculty they all are haha. The interviews the next day were super chill too. The group panel was literally just introducing ourselves then we all just talked about like restaurants we liked and such haha. Their faculty is the best and they literally treated us all like we were their family. I straight up told them that I felt like I should be hugging everyone I talk to because they were all so nice hahahhahaha. Just be yourself and don't be afraid to joke around a bit! They are not kidding when they say they just want to get to know you 🙂 

ALSO they literally get back to you in two days which is awesome. They called this morning and offered me a spot!! 

SO STOKED FOR EVERYONE, YOU GUYS GOT THIS

Congratulations! I am interviewing next week. Do you have any advice? Who did you interview with? 

1 minute ago, PAx2022 said:

Congratulations! I am interviewing next week. Do you have any advice? Who did you interview with? 

I interviewed with Mickey King and Liza Bashambu for the individual ones! I thought they were both super chill and easy to talk to. Advice wise I didn’t feel like there was anything I could’ve really done to prepare for the interview itself haha. Maybe be ready to talk about weaker spots on your application. Just try to talk to everyone and act like you are already friends with them all and you will kill it 🙂

3 hours ago, catslav said:

I just received an interview invite for 8/9-8/10! Super excited!! Can anyone tell me what time the information session starts on the first day (for travel purposes)? Is it better to arrive the night before or would it be okay to arrive the morning of? 

It starts at 3:15pm! So depends where you’re traveling from but you could definitely get there the day of. Congrats btw!!

Edited by np7560

On 7/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, calistataylor said:

I loved it!!! It was the first interview I have done so I don't have much to compare it to though haha. But it was super super chill very low pressure honestly. The first day was just getting to know everyone and dinner with the current students was so fun. They were very honest with us and we had full permission to ask them all the juicy questions we wanted honest answers to about the program or life in savannah etc. It was really cool to get a student's point of view and hear how obsessed with the program and the faculty they all are haha. The interviews the next day were super chill too. The group panel was literally just introducing ourselves then we all just talked about like restaurants we liked and such haha. Their faculty is the best and they literally treated us all like we were their family. I straight up told them that I felt like I should be hugging everyone I talk to because they were all so nice hahahhahaha. Just be yourself and don't be afraid to joke around a bit! They are not kidding when they say they just want to get to know you 🙂 

ALSO they literally get back to you in two days which is awesome. They called this morning and offered me a spot!! 

SO STOKED FOR EVERYONE, YOU GUYS GOT THIS

Hello! I was wondering how long the window was for you to accept a spot. I was reading on the website that you can only reserve a seat at one South University and I have an interview at 3 of their campuses. My first is Savannah and the other two are a couple of weeks later. So, if I were to get a spot and accepted, would I then have to cancel my other two interviews even if one of them is my top choice? 

Does anyone know the answer to this? 

16 hours ago, socal116 said:

Hello! I was wondering how long the window was for you to accept a spot. I was reading on the website that you can only reserve a seat at one South University and I have an interview at 3 of their campuses. My first is Savannah and the other two are a couple of weeks later. So, if I were to get a spot and accepted, would I then have to cancel my other two interviews even if one of them is my top choice? 

Does anyone know the answer to this? 

So I’ve had interviews at Savannah and Tampa so far and can answer for these schools. Savannah gives you an answer 2 days later and they expect an answer within a week, along with the seat deposit at that time. Tampa gives you an answer within 3 weeks and expects an answer 3-4 business days later. Hope this helps! 

On 7/11/2022 at 1:28 PM, PAx2022 said:

For anyone who has interviewed previously, what was the “panel” 30 min slot on your schedule? 

I interviewed in June! It was basically me and 4 other applicants in a room with one faculty member. Mostly just introductions and small talk. I was most nervous about this part, but it ended up being the most relaxed part of the interviews. Good luck! 🙂 

56 minutes ago, clara5 said:

For travel purposes, what time does the second day of interviews wrap up? Would I be able to fly back home that evening? 

So I was the last of my day and was done around noon, but they said other days went as far as 3 if they had more people in the group. So it will depend on the size of your group. You will get a schedule with your interview times so immediately after you last scheduled thing of the day you can go 

This will be my first PA school interview and I'd love some guidance about what types of questions to prepare for for this program. I am reading Savanna Perry's interview guide, but would love some more focused guidance. Also, has anyone who interviewed at this program this cycle not been offered a spot or been placed on a wait list?- just out of curiosity. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:02 AM, clara5 said:

This will be my first PA school interview and I'd love some guidance about what types of questions to prepare for for this program. I am reading Savanna Perry's interview guide, but would love some more focused guidance. Also, has anyone who interviewed at this program this cycle not been offered a spot or been placed on a wait list?- just out of curiosity. 

I was asked typical interview questions, including situational questions. As in any interview, be able to explain why you want to be a PA and why this specific school is right for you. It's more of a getting to know your personality and if you're a good fit for the program than formal interview questions. I interviewed 7/26-7/27 and was offered a spot 7/29!

On 7/5/2022 at 11:11 AM, calistataylor said:

I’m from Arizona/Utah! I don’t think they have a preference for in state 

Congrats on your acceptance that is so awesome! I applied from out of state as well!

Would you mind sharing your stats or what you believed help you get to the point of being accepted at this program?

Thanks, and again congrats!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 3:54 AM, Kmorg333 said:

I received an interview offer yesterday for October 18-19th! Congrats to all of ya who already got accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting for their good news! I am so happy to hear how laid-back it sounds :')

Do you mind if I ask your stats? 

9 minutes ago, tiffanyeverts said:

Do you mind if I ask your stats? 

Hey, yeah, no problem!

GPA: 3.52 overall, 3.35 science 

Healthcare hrs: 12,000ish (I'm a medical lab scientist)

Direct patient care hrs: ~1000 (not alot of direct care due to working in a lab, which is my weak spot)

Volunteer hrs: ~120

Shadowing hrs: 88

GRE: 305

11 minutes ago, Kmorg333 said:

Hey, yeah, no problem!

GPA: 3.52 overall, 3.35 science 

Healthcare hrs: 12,000ish (I'm a medical lab scientist)

Direct patient care hrs: ~1000 (not alot of direct care due to working in a lab, which is my weak spot)

Volunteer hrs: ~120

Shadowing hrs: 88

GRE: 305

Awesome! Congrats! When did you apply?