2022-2023 Cycle: South University

1 hour ago, PAstudent234 said:

When did you apply, and what were your stats if you don't mind sharing? 

I applied on May 18th and here are my stats! 

cGPA 3.51 

sGPA 3.41 

GRE 310 (155 quant and verbal, 4.0 anayl)

PCE 2500 hrs 

HCE 2000 hrs 

Shadowing; 4 diff PAs, approx 300 hrs

Volunteer 300 hrs 

40 minutes ago, BandB723 said:

Invited for an interview June 28th-29th! I didn't realize some programs have two day interview processes

Big congrats!!! Are interviews in-person only? I'm really hoping I get an invite offer! Waiting around for this is making me ill lol

14 hours ago, Kmorg333 said:

Big congrats!!! Are interviews in-person only? I'm really hoping I get an invite offer! Waiting around for this is making me ill lol

Thank you! They did not have anything about virtual in the email so I think it must be in-person only. Try not to stress too much, I was feeling the same when I saw the other couple people offered interviews and I hadn't been yet. Good luck!

Edited by BandB723
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 11:37 AM, kag260 said:

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

I think listing my stats is misleading because I'm GPA and GRE wise a completely average applicant. It's just that I have 28,000 hours of patient care, mostly as a paramedic and solid leadership experience.

17 hours ago, bakepac said:

to anyone who has interviewed here so far.. how did it go?! I've read amazing things about their faculty, but I'm curious how the dinner went?

I loved it!!! It was the first interview I have done so I don't have much to compare it to though haha. But it was super super chill very low pressure honestly. The first day was just getting to know everyone and dinner with the current students was so fun. They were very honest with us and we had full permission to ask them all the juicy questions we wanted honest answers to about the program or life in savannah etc. It was really cool to get a student's point of view and hear how obsessed with the program and the faculty they all are haha. The interviews the next day were super chill too. The group panel was literally just introducing ourselves then we all just talked about like restaurants we liked and such haha. Their faculty is the best and they literally treated us all like we were their family. I straight up told them that I felt like I should be hugging everyone I talk to because they were all so nice hahahhahaha. Just be yourself and don't be afraid to joke around a bit! They are not kidding when they say they just want to get to know you 🙂 

ALSO they literally get back to you in two days which is awesome. They called this morning and offered me a spot!! 

SO STOKED FOR EVERYONE, YOU GUYS GOT THIS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, calistataylor said:

I loved it!!! It was the first interview I have done so I don't have much to compare it to though haha. But it was super super chill very low pressure honestly. The first day was just getting to know everyone and dinner with the current students was so fun. They were very honest with us and we had full permission to ask them all the juicy questions we wanted honest answers to about the program or life in savannah etc. It was really cool to get a student's point of view and hear how obsessed with the program and the faculty they all are haha. The interviews the next day were super chill too. The group panel was literally just introducing ourselves then we all just talked about like restaurants we liked and such haha. Their faculty is the best and they literally treated us all like we were their family. I straight up told them that I felt like I should be hugging everyone I talk to because they were all so nice hahahhahaha. Just be yourself and don't be afraid to joke around a bit! They are not kidding when they say they just want to get to know you 🙂 

ALSO they literally get back to you in two days which is awesome. They called this morning and offered me a spot!! 

I'm interviewing at the end of the month and it's so nice to hear you had such a great experience. What was everyone dressed like at the dinner first night--both men and women. Trying to put together one interview ensemble is stressful enough, so I'm quite curious.

1 hour ago, BigZee said:

I'm interviewing at the end of the month and it's so nice to hear you had such a great experience. What was everyone dressed like at the dinner first night--both men and women. Trying to put together one interview ensemble is stressful enough, so I'm quite curious.

So first day I would go business casual for the ID pics and info session and stuff. Then for dinner they told us to all go slap on some cargo shorts and flip flops haha but not everyone wanted to go home and change. There was a good mix of normal casual clothes and business casual. Everything from Tshirts and shorts to slacks and blouse/button up. I would definitely recommend going on the more casual side though!! We ate messy burgers out on a patio and I was very happy to not be in too nice of clothes haha

18 hours ago, calistataylor said:

So first day I would go business casual for the ID pics and info session and stuff. Then for dinner they told us to all go slap on some cargo shorts and flip flops haha but not everyone wanted to go home and change. There was a good mix of normal casual clothes and business casual. Everything from Tshirts and shorts to slacks and blouse/button up. I would definitely recommend going on the more casual side though!! We ate messy burgers out on a patio and I was very happy to not be in too nice of clothes haha

That is awesome, love a good messy burger!! Thanks so much for the info, it is incredibly helpful.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:45 AM, calistataylor said:

OMG! that is so relieving, thank you for the details! I am so excited for my interview next week. Congratulations on the offer!!