For those who recently took the PANCE...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Passed!

What's a tad bizarre about my results is that the subject scores were almost completely flip-flopped from my expected performance. The things I nailed on ExamMaster or PA Easy (Cardio, Psych), were some of my worst, while the little topics that I felt I'd neglected somewhat (ID, GU, reproductive) came out way stronger than in practice.

I'm starting to feel better knowing I'm not the only one who felt defeated! I really thought I was prepared. I had several friends tell me completely different things about the PANCE. One said it was the easiest exam she took in PA school (ha ha) and the other said it was "awful." I think she's more correct!

Ok whoever said it was the easiest exam she took in PA school should be worried, most people thinking that end up doing bad, so good luck to her for saying that. Anyways, I found out I passed this morning at 0630 PA-C! Took it on Monday, my friends that took it on Tuesday and Wednesday didn't get there score, they have to wait till next Thursday. Monday is the cut off date. Wishing everyone the best of luck.

I passed!! PA-C!!! I seriously thought on Monday that I failed, no joke, thought I would be retesting in 3 months. God is good, and prayers were answered, that's all I can say right now. For those of you that are still waiting for your results, you all did fine, I promise, you all passed!!! I was super worried, going over multiple questions in my head, over and over after the test, in the end thinking maybe I got 50% of the test correct, but in the end score way higher than I ever thought possible, not bad to be honest wow! It's crazy. Hang in there, you all passed! I would be more worried for people that said it was easy or that was not worried, my faculty said the same thing.

My Exam Master practice PANCE test results were between 60-68% on all 5 blocks, and overall a 64% on all questions answered. Packrat scores were between 60% and 70% during PA school.. if this helps anyone.

Passed!

What's a tad bizarre about my results is that the subject scores were almost completely flip-flopped from my expected performance. The things I nailed on ExamMaster or PA Easy (Cardio, Psych), were some of my worst, while the little topics that I felt I'd neglected somewhat (ID, GU, reproductive) came out way stronger than in practice.

Same here! I completely bombed GI, and that's always been a strong subject for me.

Congrats to everyone that found out that they passed today!!! So happy for you all. I took my test on Tue so i have to wait until next Thursday. I am super nervous and scared. This is an agonizing wait... For those of you still waiting stay positive I am sure you all did well.

Passed!

OMG! This is my same experience! I did very well on pulmonary/GI/CV in PAEasy/Packrats and did not do so well on this exam in those! I got 100% in ID and endocrinology, which is really strange because ID has always been something awful like 40% for me. I don't know about you, but based on my practice exams/Packrats, etc, I was expecting a higher score. But the exam I took was really strange. Oh well, whatever! I am so excited I passed! I was really worried.

I passed!! PA-C!!! I seriously thought on Monday that I failed, no joke, thought I would be retesting in 3 months. God is good, and prayers were answered, that's all I can say right now. For those of you that are still waiting for your results, you all did fine, I promise, you all passed!!! I was super worried, going over multiple questions in my head, over and over after the test, in the end thinking maybe I got 50% of the test correct, but in the end score way higher than I ever thought possible, not bad to be honest wow! It's crazy. Hang in there, you all passed! I would be more worried for people that said it was easy or that was not worried, my faculty said the same thing.

My Exam Master practice PANCE test results were between 60-68% on all 5 blocks, and overall a 64% on all questions answered. Packrat scores were between 60% and 70% during PA school.. if this helps anyone.

Congratulations!

I was just wondering....why is everyone leaving the exam thinking they failed? I am sure none of you went in there and winged it, so it freaks me out that so many of you felt that way. I am taking mine on Sept 10th. I've been using mainly the AAPA book, PAEasy, the review course my school gave, and a little of Exam Master. I THINK I am feeling more confident, especially with a lot of the more common things that are popping up in all the resources. If all the resources kind of hit the same main topics, can anyone give insight as to why you leave kind of feeling 'blind-sided'? I am aware of the 'rules' of talking about the exam, so I'm not asking for specifics-just overall insight because I, too, feel I am joining the same pool of semi-confident test-goers and would like to avoid feeling like I should apply to Walmart on the way home after...

I had to get on here and read some of the posts. I just took the exam, and i walked out like WTF did i even bother studying?? it's a horrible feeling to feel like that after you study your butt off! ugh, i am hoping for a miracle like everyone on here that felt the same way as me, and then after got the PA-C!

Archived