2022-2023 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, FuturePA2324 said:

Hi everyone! I was wondering if a few of you, that were either offered an interview or denied, could share your stats (GRE, GPA, PCE, shadowing, major of study, etc). I'm trying to get an idea of if I'd have a good chance of acceptance. I'm also an out-of-state applicant, so any stats from out-of-staters would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance🙂

I was just offered an interview today! My major is biology and Im out of state as well

GPA: 3.97

GRE: 314

PCE: 1050 as a PCT, 500 as a MA

Shadowing: only 20 hrs

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Supersillywill said:

Just an FYI for Thursday (As per Carol Goldberg):
The "Student Panel" will morph into a small group discussion.  After the student panel briefly speaks, applicants will be invited to join separate small group zoom rooms.

For the small group discussions will it be casual or will it be somewhat group interviews? The email made it seem we were getting interviewed for the ones we had to schedule 

1 hour ago, sunshinestate said:

I applied end of July and haven't heard back, not even a second email yet. Just the initial "your application has been received". Should I be worried?

I emailed them today and got the same response and then they quoted the email and the date I got it saying we wouldn’t hear until late October early November for interviews and by December for admissions. 

5E3C3311-C050-487C-84FC-D747A8BE903A.png

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview invite. I also got invited to the general interview session on Oct. 27 and the subsequent one on one interviews. I applied to the MPH/PA program -- does anyone know if these invites correspond to both of those? I don't see anything regarding the MPH in the interview invite and I'd love to know if it is for PA only, as I've been accepted to my top choice that is solely a PA program and would like to give someone else the opportunity to interview if this is the case 🙂 TIA! 

11 hours ago, purplejellyfish said:

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview invite. I also got invited to the general interview session on Oct. 27 and the subsequent one on one interviews. I applied to the MPH/PA program -- does anyone know if these invites correspond to both of those? I don't see anything regarding the MPH in the interview invite and I'd love to know if it is for PA only, as I've been accepted to my top choice that is solely a PA program and would like to give someone else the opportunity to interview if this is the case 🙂 TIA! 

I think your best bet is to inquire with the program directly.
paprogram@northeastern.edu

Congratulations on your top choice!

17 hours ago, purplejellyfish said:

I agree that the best bet is to email the program directly, but as somebody who got an interview to the MPH/PA program: once I accepted the interview invite, the instructions for scheduling the one-on-one interviews specifically pertain to the MPH/PA joint program even though the initial invite was titled "Northeastern University PA Program Interview Invite" and did not mention the MPH program at all!

1 hour ago, DAZCAL said:

Does anyone who is interviewing out of state have clarity with the interview time. I'm in California and have an interview Tuesday at 8:40.  It says both UTC and Pacific Time so I am a little confused and do not want to miss my time. Appreciate any help 🙂

image.png.fe64461447dedd8767828e5eeda79e4c.png

From a fellow Californian who had the same panic yesterday because I had an interview at 12:55, It means 8:40 am pacific time! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAZCAL said:

Does anyone who is interviewing out of state have clarity with the interview time. I'm in California and have an interview Tuesday at 8:40.  It says both UTC and Pacific Time so I am a little confused and do not want to miss my time. Appreciate any help 🙂

image.png.fe64461447dedd8767828e5eeda79e4c.png

It’s 8am pacific time! I am from California as well and has all 3 of my interviews yesterday

2 hours ago, DAZCAL said:

Wait 8:00 or 8:40? The post above you said 8:40 so I just want to be sure haha! I hope your interviews went well!

The poster above is saying that it is in the 8 am hour meaning 8:40 am. UTC refers to coordinated universal time and is a way to denote timezones. UTC - 08:00 is just another way of denoting/telling you that it is in pacific time, not that the interview is happening at 8:00 am. 

1 hour ago, opktopa said:

The poster above is saying that it is in the 8 am hour meaning 8:40 am. UTC refers to coordinated universal time and is a way to denote timezones. UTC - 08:00 is just another way of denoting/telling you that it is in pacific time, not that the interview is happening at 8:00 am. 

Thank you so much for clarifying! The nerves are jumbling my brain 😅

33 minutes ago, grapes1264 said:

Wait, so is it pacific time? I am in NC and the time here is eastern. So if my interview is scheduled for 11am, what is the actual time that I have it?

Then it will be at 11 am Eastern. You scheduled your interview in your time zone most likely. But if you’re unsure, look at the confirmation email and it will list the time zone in UTC time. The scheduling system automatically sets the time to your time zone, hence why we Californians scheduled our interviews in pacific time. 

Thank you to everyone who clarified the time zone. I was trying to just double check (since I had rememebered scheduling it in Hawaii standard time) but when I looked at my invite/ reminder I got super confused. 

So, just to be safe. Mine says:

My interview is at : 10:20 am 

UTC-10:00(Hawaii)

Does this mean my interview is at 10:20 am hawaii time?? Right? 

Thank you!

8 hours ago, DaNiBee said:

Thank you to everyone who clarified the time zone. I was trying to just double check (since I had rememebered scheduling it in Hawaii standard time) but when I looked at my invite/ reminder I got super confused. 

So, just to be safe. Mine says:

My interview is at : 10:20 am 

UTC-10:00(Hawaii)

Does this mean my interview is at 10:20 am hawaii time?? Right? 

Thank you!

Yes that's 10:20am Hawaii time!