• Administrator

Don’t forget about the recent PA that murdered and tortured his ex-girlfriend’s (also a PA) husband (also a PA) in I think New York. 

NP Hospitalist at my facility had sex with a female patient from ages 17-19 (not at our facility, his previous job), started when his wife was pregnant with their 3rd child. Just had his license suspended for one year and completion of 30 hours ethics training. This even after he had his RN license restricted a decade ago for diverting narcs in another state.

Multiple MDs that have traded narcs for cash and sex favors. 

just goes to show sickos still make it into all forms of higher education. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ChrisPAinED said:

It's just sad to see all these providers that couldn't resist Falling into these horrible actions. 

If only there were a belief system that emphasized both care for one's neighbors and the necessity to guard against the evil in one's own heart...

• Like 3

In regards to OP 

need more facts.  

always have same sex as patient as chaperone if not your sex.   Anyone can claim anything.  Hope it is not true but hope for a conviction if it is true (we are likely never entitled to the truth, just media spun sound bites).  

• Administrator
4 hours ago, CSCH said:

Respectfully, Rev, if religion was any preventative against horrible acts, the world would look like a very different place.

On the contrary; were it not for religion--and specifically Judaism and its progeny--the world would have never developed any of the things we most rely on. The scientific method presupposes an ordered cosmos created by an intelligent designer.  No matter how much one might like the idea of a naturalistic cosmos unfettered by the Divine, one simply cannot jump from animism and polytheism directly to that cosmology.

As far as individual decency goes, I have yet to find a religion that compels anyone to do anything. Some are better at others than calling people to be better than they naturally are, but all require personal investment rather than mere affiliation to effect change.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ventana said:

In regards to OP 

need more facts.  

always have same sex as patient as chaperone if not your sex.   Anyone can claim anything.  Hope it is not true but hope for a conviction if it is true (we are likely never entitled to the truth, just media spun sound bites).  

While working in Ob/Gyn, after literally holding a patient's hand before surgery for an ectopic in the OR, then seeing her in follow-up in the clinic, she complained about me to one of my SP.  She told him that I had said something inappropriate - namely, "scoot your bottom to the end of the table."    She had a history of sexual abuse and after that day, I never did a genital or breast exam on EITHER gender without someone else in the room.  You do not know the lens that someone is using and it is their word against yours.  I do not care how much time it takes, find someone.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Administrator
15 hours ago, iconic said:

Um I don't recall Newton, Darwin, or Einstein being particularly religious?? 

Newton and Darwin both were... How did you not know that? Because you were never taught that. Newton was personally very devout, albeit Arian in orientation, and his religious ponderings were never published like his mathematical writings. Darwin started devout, believing that he'd uncovered how God did things, only later deciding his ideas were incompatible with Christianity as he understood it. But those are late, late thinkers for the jump I'm talking about.  How did Francis Bacon get to where he was? Through following other medieval thinkers working within the assumptions of the Roman Catholic church, which was the patron of the European sciences for most of the last two millennia and the curator of earlier writings.

Once you hit the enlightenment, you can postulate atheism. But when you think volcanos are hot because the lava gods are mad, you're not getting to plate tectonics because the world view just never goes there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jofriend said:

While working in Ob/Gyn, after literally holding a patient's hand before surgery for an ectopic in the OR, then seeing her in follow-up in the clinic, she complained about me to one of my SP.  She told him that I had said something inappropriate - namely, "scoot your bottom to the end of the table."    She had a history of sexual abuse and after that day, I never did a genital or breast exam on EITHER gender without someone else in the room.  You do not know the lens that someone is using and it is their word against yours.  I do not care how much time it takes, find someone.  

A few times recently I have considered getting chaperone for same sex exam.  Always offer but have never chosen for my own protection.  Unsure what the future holds.  All cis and non binary and more fluidity in sexual realm in society likely will mandate chaperone for all exams. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Cideous said:

NEVER do a school physical on a kid alone or with their parent only.  Always take in an MA, Nurse or even an admin to give you a neutral 3rd person.

I'd hesitate bringing admin in. If I found out the billing person was in on my daughter's physical I'd be a bit upset.

Medical is one thing.