Submitting 2013 application

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I know the deadline for the 2013 class is around Jan 31, 2013. But when is a good time to start working on applications and submitting them?

As soon as possible, especially getting the transcripts and Recommendation forms together. Sometimes that can be a hold up for applicants getting the application in by the deadline.

I'm also in the middle of completing my 2013 application (finally completing my Speech course by Nov.), however I noticed the application does not require a personal statement. Is this correct?

Yes Kismet that is correct. Thanks for your interest in SJVC and good luck in your future PS endeavors. Lesh

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Les,

I've heard that Sjvc has joined the Vet-Up program so how does it work for veterans.

Thank you.

Hello, SJVC is not one of the 12 programs that HRSA awarded grant funding to operate a specific Vet recruitment program. Our outreach is internally driven. What we do is target outreach to military members who meet our mission. We tend to have a decent applicant pool of vets each year. This year 20% of the incoming 2012-2014 class is prior service. We are happy about that since it is the largest cohort so far. We are trying to put together a pre PA program targeting for vets that will help knock out basic medical science prereqs for most California PA programs. The goal is to do something similar to South, Bethel and MEDEX. You should contact Michelle Mcdonald about application questions and Monica Urmson about questions about the regular admission process. Good luck in your future PA endeavors. If you have further questions shoot me an email at LesH@sjvc.edu.

Hello, SJVC is not one of the 12 programs that HRSA awarded grant funding to operate a specific Vet recruitment program. Our outreach is internally driven. What we do is target outreach to military members who meet our mission. We tend to have a decent applicant pool of vets each year. This year 20% of the incoming 2012-2014 class is prior service. We are happy about that since it is the largest cohort so far. We are trying to put together a pre PA program targeting for vets that will help knock out basic medical science prereqs for most California PA programs. The goal is to do something similar to South, Bethel and MEDEX. You should contact Michelle Mcdonald about application questions and Monica Urmson about questions about the regular admission process. Good luck in your future PA endeavors. If you have further questions shoot me an email at LesH@sjvc.edu.

Hi Les,

Thanks for the information that you have provided. I emailed My unofficial transcript to Michelle and got responded that I have all the credits that met the prerequisite. I hope to see you some day next year.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Les,

If I was an alternate for the last class am I required to reapply for the 2014 class, complete a new application with transcripts? Also I would like to be notified of any upcoming events that SJVC is having for potential PA students.

I remember you. Shoot me an email next week at LesH@sjvc.edu. I'll pull your file and take a look. Have you taken any more classes? If so we will need those transcripts, also your clinical hours should have increased and we want to make sure that we have that information. Take Care LesH

• 1 month later...

I would have done it sooner, but fall finals isnt till 12/10/12. Then you probably have to wait another week or two for your grades to be inputed into the system before requesting for your transcript. I hope this doesn't send the wrong message to SJVC and count against me when i re-apply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question re: Psychology prerequisite.

I've completed General Psychology about 8+ years ago, however completed advanced courses after (Neuropsych, and an independent study as a teaching assistant (TA) in General Psychology to college undergraduates and earned college credit).

Do I list my old General Psychology course from some time ago or would I list my most recent advanced course?

• 3 weeks later...
Quick question re: Psychology prerequisite.

I've completed General Psychology about 8+ years ago, however completed advanced courses after (Neuropsych, and an independent study as a teaching assistant (TA) in General Psychology to college undergraduates and earned college credit).

Do I list my old General Psychology course from some time ago or would I list my most recent advanced course?

Hi kismet! I know that I'm not qualified to answer this question but because you still have not received an answer AND because I asked a similar question at the information session...LIST BOTH.

To Les,

I am waiting to hear back from my 2013 application I've sent in back in Sept 2012. I know the deadline hasn't come yet until end of the month, but approximately when do you think applicants should hear back from SJVC? I am anxious and afraid because I'm not sure if my Biology Seminar course would count as a public speaking course. What should I do? If I have a chance, I will definitely take public speaking during the summer before I enter SJVC. I've also took the GRE and have a decent score on it. Do you suggest I send that in to SJVC to look at during reviewing applications? Thanks for the help.

• 3 months later...

Archived