Gardner Webb University CASPA Application 2022-2023

Hello everyone! My name is Glori Tolentino. Collin Bauer and I are the new student coordinators at Gardner-Webb’s PA Program this year. We are starting this thread in order to answer any questions that you may have about the program or the application process. So, feel free to post anything you want to know here in the forum, and we will try to answer to all questions within 2-3 business days. Per policy, we ask that you do not share any information regarding applications, interview invitations, acceptance decisions, etc. Many of your questions may also be answered on the PA program’s website: https://gardner-webb.edu/academic-programs-and-resources/colleges-and-schools/health-sciences/schools-and-departments/physician-assistant-studies/index. We are so excited for everyone and hope to be as much help as possible during your application process! Good luck!

Glori Tolentino PA-S1

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 12:15 PM, Gtolentino said:

Hello everyone! My name is Glori Tolentino. Collin Bauer and I are the new student coordinators at Gardner-Webb’s PA Program this year. We are starting this thread in order to answer any questions that you may have about the program or the application process. So, feel free to post anything you want to know here in the forum, and we will try to answer to all questions within 2-3 business days. Per policy, we ask that you do not share any information regarding applications, interview invitations, acceptance decisions, etc. Many of your questions may also be answered on the PA program’s website: https://gardner-webb.edu/academic-programs-and-resources/colleges-and-schools/health-sciences/schools-and-departments/physician-assistant-studies/index. We are so excited for everyone and hope to be as much help as possible during your application process! Good luck!

Glori Tolentino PA-S1

Thank you so much, Glori! I just submitted my application and I am very excited for this upcoming cycle. I was curious if you have any advice for current applicants?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, sorry for the late response! As you will hopefully soon find out, the semesters get pretty busy very quickly! 

The biggest piece of advice I can give (especially for the interview and during this application cycle) is to relax. It is very easy to stress about what to say when the time comes for interviews and such. However, since you have already applied, I would rest in the fact that it is no longer in your hands and instead have fun and enjoy the time you have not being in school! You will have plenty of time to prepare for the interview and think through certain questions you feel they might ask (more info can be found on the gardner-webb website). But remember that you worked hard. Trust in the effort you have made and continue to enjoy the hobbies and activities and you have. I will say if you're feeling extra motivated, I would absolutely refresh occasionally on some A&P videos by crashcourse or ninja nerd to keep things you learned a few years ago fresh going into hopefully being accepted into a PA program. But in the meantime, keep up with getting your patient contact hours, growing your knowledge of medicine, and trust in the effort you made to get to apply! 

I hope this gives you a little peace. I know I despised pre-PA due to the stress of the unknown. However, looking back, I wished I had not worried so much and instead let what was out of my control to be out of my mind. Good luck waiting for interviews! They should hopefully come out in the next couple months! I hope to meet you soon! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 12:15 PM, Gtolentino said:

Glori Tolentino PA-S1

Hi! How long are you in classes each day? I was recently accepted and wanted to know what my days will look like! 🙂