Class of 2015

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe I remember them saying that the first deposit for the January 12th interview group was 2 weeks after letters of acceptance were received in the mail - so that would probably be February 1st - 4th. Not sure when the second deposit is due. I heard someone say early March, but don't hold me to that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I just withdrew from UNE a few days ago so they should be pulling someone from the waitlist i'd assume. Great school, great faculty, great students and a beautiful area, but my recent engagement would make the distance too much for my fiance who has established his career out on the west coast, thus I'm headed to PA school here on the west coast. Best of luck to everyone and congrats thus far!

One of the UNE students recommended a site that included a reading list for the pre-PA student. Prior to this, I've read 3 of the books and I would agree that they are amazing! This will help pass the time and keep you motivated I hope!

* Complications: A Surgeon’s Notes on an Imperfect Science by Atul Gawande

* Every Patient Tells a Story by Lisa Sanders

* The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman

* How Doctors Think by Jerome Groopman

* Survival of the Sickest by Sharon Moalem

* Stiff by Mary Roach

I spoke with the Admissions office and was notified that they will be pulling from the wait list after March 1st, as that is the deadline for accepted students to pay their second deposit. At that time they will know how many spots they have available to offer. Fingers crossed everybody!

Alas, I am relinquishing my place on the waiting list. I have been accepted into another program! To all those who have been, or will be accepted to UNE; congratulations on being accepted to a wonderful program. I hope my departure makes room for someone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived