Class of 2015

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg....i'm really happy for yall who got interviews...

unfortunately, i just got the rejection letter by snail mail 9/26 :(

i think u really need to send them early, i sent mine 8/07, and mailed 8/24

esp for a rolling type of admission, we need to send them by june like most peo who got interview..

Looking at the bright side i got an supp invitation by touro CA by email today..

does anyone know if thats late? cuz i think they have a rolling sys too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The interview at UNE was far the most relaxing experience i have ever had. It was very relaxing and just felt like a chat/ dialogue with the interviewee. They really make a lot of effort to make you feel comfortable. I am glad that they hold a social night so that you have a good feel about the program prior to the interview process. it is now my first top choice ever. Cross my fingers!

And good luck to everyone.

Congrats, on your acceptance. im glad you had a good time at the social. The social night is what turned me on to UNE during my interview process as well; and for anyone else I recommend trying to check it out. The 2014 students get a chance to talk to you and answer any questions you have. The people here are amazing and they are what makes getting through PA school possible!! Have fun.

I love how the social night turned out. All first year PA students are really cool and definitely have some unique and strong personalities that make the program complete, not homogenous . The faculty and the PA community who interviewed me were super awesome. it felt like just a chat. Just be yourself and show your enthusiasm . The essay was open ended and don't stress out over it. It doesn't determine if you get accepted or not. The fact that I know UNE doesn't interview as many people as other program. They are pretty much selected all strong candidate. If you are invited for interview. You will have all fair shot and a high chance to get in. I think they interview about 160 and pick 50. While other school interview 300 and pick 50. You do the math. Good luck everyone. And hope see all next year!

Just got an email for an interview today for Jan 12th. I submitted my application to CASPA Sept 1st. I am super excited but unfortunately have to ask if they can prepone the date, hope that will be possible. I am really, really nervous about the essay, are the topics health related?

Is the interview a group format? Hope someone can share some general information. Thanks!

My interview on the 20th consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a local PA who was a graduate of UNE. Like the previous poster said, they just wanted to have a conversation and get to know who you were to see of you are a good fit for the program. As much as the first years will tell you to not be nervous, you probably will be going in to at least the first one. Try to relax as much as possible! The interviewers were very friendly and I felt that I was able to relax half way through the first.

I wouldn't worry too much about the essay. I don't think there was much weight out on it compared to the interviews. I would definitely recommend attending the social the night before if you can. It'll help put you more at ease and you'll get to hear about the program from the first years.

You will have all morning to work on your essay and only need to return it by 12. Really do not need to worry about the essay, the committee even said they some people didn't even get to finish it and still you know. It wont affect much. But still need to try your best though. I like how organized they were. and first year students was down to the earth. Super awesome.

Thanks so much for your input, nancyagomong and stripes924, that really makes me feel better about the essay! I did get the date switched to Dec 8th, that was super easy but of course now I don't have as much time to prepare! Are there health related questions about govt health policies, Medicare etc? Seems like it is more about yourself. Did you practise for the interview? Not sure who to practice with, except in front of a mirror! And were the women dressed in suits? I was not expecting to wear a suit, I had originally thought that wearing pants/shirt & a shirt/top with a jacket would be fine but after reading the interview tips here, it seems like a suit is highly recommended for most interviews, which means I need to buy one! Was that the case at UNE as well? Thanks again!

The interviews were definitely more of a conversation. Know the typical interview questions and how you may respond to them but don't memorize your answers because they may ask you in a different way than you "prepared.". They'll also bring in your prior healthcare experience and ask you about that.

I believe most wore suits and I would recommend purchasing one yourself for the interview. I ended up purchasing one myself because I had never had to wear one for work before. You definitely want to make a good first impression. Hope this helps!

I didn't practice crazily in front of mirror or anything. I just had a couple interviews before but every school has different system so can't predict anything. it was a wide range of questions, but mostly go with the flow because they were all asking different type of question but addressing same type. If you has some good HCE, you should at least know a little bit about the healthcare system but not as much as about medicare specifically. I wore a dark navy suit as all my other interview and a white blouse inside. Just make a little bit more presentable in front of other. And a majority of other candidates wore suits as well, depend on pants or skirt.

Archived