Class of 2015

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all who have been waitlisted--congrats on that--it's an accomplishment just to have that. I got accepted after their first set of interviews, which was awesome because out of all my interviews and competing offers, UNE was my first choice.

If it helps, a current student at my interview process told me on the side that she was waitlisted when she went thru last year but got in. She heard around X-mas. I would imagine if you do get in off the waitlist it would be around this month or next because most programs that start in May are already done interviewing or finishing up this month. With that said, some people will drop UNE's seat when they accept a school they wanted more and are waiting on.

I wish you all the best if UNE was your first choice and see you come May if so!

Hey everyone! I'll be at the January 12th interview! I'm flying in from CA where we think 50 degrees is freezing and unbearable, so any suggestions on what to wear or what kind of weather I should be expecting would be great :)

Can't wait to meet you all at the social/interview :)

Interview process is straightforward and very similar to other PA programs' except for night before social with current students. I would highly recommend to attend it if you can because they eased most people's worries and seemed to be brutally honest about things discussed and questions asked. After the night before social, next day you first have a presentation by current faculty on UNE's program in the lecture hall. Then you have 2 one-on-one interviews (one with faculty-most are PAs and one with a community PA who was a UNE grad for me). You also have a group tour with a current student and a written essay. The essay has a turn-in-by deadline that you have plenty of time to do between the events of the day. Nobody is going to hold your hand and say do it now and I managed to get mine done in a single seating in the lecture hall where it was most quiet. Out of all my essays at different PA school interviews, I felt UNE's was most easy and fair. If you get the same essay as I did, there's nothing to do to prepare. Just read carefully, compose your thoughts, maybe have scratch paper to write some notes on and write clear, concise but thoroughly. The order of events for interview day is mixed for everybody and you will have designated first year students that will help you to where you're supposed to be. Overall, went smoothly and was stress-free. I got accepted and as of right now plan on attending this May. Private message me with anymore questions. Good luck to all and stay warm because I had my interview months ago when it was still warmer outside. I'm from Michigan and I hear it's a bit colder there.

I haven't heard anything yet, but I would say it's still early. I know the admissions staff said they would be having their meeting with the program today. I suppose I was a little over eager by checking my email about every 10 minutes today! Haha. Good luck to everyone, and I hope we hear from them very soon.

I believe the admissions rep at the social on Friday night said that the waitlist size often mimics the total site of the admitted class. So, to me, that's a rather large pool of individuals. However, there is still always hope! I am just trying to be realistic.

Archived