• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was great meeting everyone today! I am glad cameoed for a bit to meet some of you and answer some of your questions. Best of luck to all of you that I met today and I look forward to seeing the rest of ya'll on the 16th! Take care! -Joey-

Hey Joey - can you give any hints about the format of the day? I'm flying all the way from New York by myself and I have no clues about if it's multiple interviews, group interviews, essays, exams?! I'm pretty excited to leave my 2 ft of snow to come to sunny Texas though!! :)

Two interviews, one part taking place during the morning and the other during the afternoon. One is talking about your academics, grades, etc. and the other is about them getting to know you as a person. No essays or exams. Good luck and see you Saturday! Travel safely!

Hi all, it was great meeting ya'll today. I hope we were able to answer most of your questions, if not some. I truly enjoyed conversing with a lot of you and I wish ya'll the best of luck! The interview portion is over with and as hard as it may seem, PLEASE go about your daily lives with family, friends, school, or even work. Checking your email like an anxious person only adds to the anxiety (trust me, I know) :P. I wish you all the best of luck no matter where you end up since ALL of you will become great PA's. Take care and I look forward to seeing yall again soon! -Joey-

Hey Joey!

I was just wondering if you think they will wait until after March 2 to send out acceptance letters since they added another interview date? So nervous and stressed because I truly felt like utpa was exactly where I am meant to be! Thanks for making all of us applicants feel so welcome and comfortable!

Hope to see you again in August :)

Misti

Hi everyone, I was in the interview group of Feb. 16, which was for North Texas and out of state interviewees.

Hi Joey, not sure if I met you, but I spoke in length to a number of PA-S that were very helpful and approachable. What year are you?

I received an email this week informing me that the committee will be making decisions mid March to April 1st. They will be accepting 80-100 students, which is dependent on the PAEA's approval March 1st. UTPA is my top choice, but until then, I will be flying out for another PA interview in two weeks.

All the Best, KC

It was my pleasure meeting all of yall as well. I enjoyed it. :) I do believe that they will be waiting until after the interview this Saturday wraps up to evaluate all of the applicants fairly. As I stated before, PLEASE go about your daily activities. I know it is easier said than done, but the best part about the acceptance email is that it happens when you least expect it. It is a feeling you will remember for the rest of your life, where you were, what you were doing, etc. I look forward to seeing yall in August! Take care!

KC,

Nice to speak to you again. Best of luck with the New York interview that you mentioned previously! I recently received two acceptances from other schools but am trying to hold off until I hear back from UTPA since it is my top choice also. Best of luck!

-Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody my names Josh and I'm a first year here. I spoke to Mr. Ambriz the other day and it's kind of awkward how everything is going to get the approval for 80 students. The PAEA wants the school to have all the faculty in place and facilities to accomodate 80 students. The head guys at UTPA want approval before they hire faculty. So.....it's just a big circle going around. However, I know that they are interviewing for faculty positions currently. We actually sit in on these lectures from prospective faculty interviewees along with the current faculty to see how their teaching style is. So steps are being made in the right direction for the approval to 80 students. Plus they are currently in the process of moving the bookstore so the PA program can move into where the bookstore used to be. That all being said the program was told they would hear from the PAEA sometime this month so I'm sure that is what they are still waiting on. Waiting to hear on acceptance is always the hardest part in my mind. Stay positive and hopefully y'all will be hearing something soon!

Archived