• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea what it will be like this year, but last year there were 2 interview dates (roughly 80 in each). I was in the second batch (mostly non-RGV people) and was notified of an interview invitation 1-25-12 and the interview was on 2-10-12 (I think). So be prepared for it to take a while before you hear something (at least according to last year). Just thought I would pass it on as someone who went through it (and is currently in the program).

Ingram

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As someone who is currently in the program, I was not notified of an interview until 4 days before the interview date. So do not get disappointed if people are getting invites and you are not since I was one of those people. Stay positive and just have a little faith! Good luck everyone! Look forward to meeting ya'll!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jan 15th I got an email that said:

"If you have received this message, then you are still being considered for admission to our program. Currently, we are putting the finishing touches on those applicants that were finishing up coursework during the Fall 2012 semester. In the next couple of weeks, all files will undergo a second and third review. We are planning to invite up to 250 people for interview in order to select the incoming class of eighty students. Our tentative dates for interviews are Saturday, February 9 and Saturday, February 16 from 8 - 5 pm on the UTPA campus in Edinburg, Texas. Please save the dates. Interview invites will go out by the end of this month"

hope this helps!

I have not heard anything yet, how long ago did you guys received your email from UTPA? I received a promising email from them mid January, saying my application was still being considered for an interview. Did you guys receive the same email and then got notified for an interview?

I just received my email for an interview today... I got an email maybe 1-2 weeks ago saying it made it through the first review and they were reviewing applications for rounds 2 and 3. I say you definitely still have a chance to hear back!!

Archived