South University Tampa-2023

Hello, I interviewed today 7/20 and I interview at another south university program 08/23. It says if you accept a seat at one south university location, you have to let the other one know within 14 days. What do I do in that case, if I do get accepted before I am even able to interview/hear back from the other program? 

14 minutes ago, CrookshanksWands said:

Just got an email for an invitations for 8/25 or 8/30! Not sure which one I'll do yet. Any heads up or tips?

Congrats! IMO since it is rolling admissions take the earlier date if you are up for it. It's what I would do!

Could you share your application timeline & stats?

Edited by Amanduh18
Forgot to say congrats :/

On 7/20/2022 at 5:58 PM, Amanduh18 said:

IMO since it is rolling admissions take the earlier date if you are up for it. It's what I would do!

Could you share your application timeline & stats?

That is certainly true!

Caspa submitted - 6/30

Caspa verified - 7/1

Interview invite - 7/20

Overall GPA - 3.75

Science GPA - 3.62

GRE - Verbal 145 (24%)/ Quantitative (33%) /Writing 3.5 (37%) [I hated the GRE]

CASPer - took it 6/23 (have't gotten the score back yet)

PCE - ~2200 Hours as an EMT-B and PCT in the ED

Shadowing - ~48 hours

Volunteer - ~ I count my ~1200 I volunteered as an EMT-B

Awards/Leadership - Scholarships from Undergrad; Frat Treasurer for a year; Dean's List for 6 semesters; Awards from frat and City EMS

Edited by CrookshanksWands

On 7/20/2022 at 6:21 PM, CrookshanksWands said:

That is certainly true!

Caspa submitted - 6/30

Caspa verified - 7/1

Supplemental App received & submitted - 7/6

Interview invite - 7/20

Overall GPA - 3.75

Science GPA - 3.62

GRE - Verbal 145 (24%)/ Quantitative (33%) /Writing 3.5 (37%) [I hated the GRE]

CASPer - took it 6/23 (have't gotten the score back yet)

PCE - ~2200 Hours as an EMT-B and PCT in the ED

Shadowing - ~48 hours

Volunteer - ~ I count my ~1200 I volunteered as an EMT-B

Awards/Leadership - Scholarships from Undergrad; Frat Treasurer for a year; Dean's List for 6 semesters; Awards from frat and City EMS

Supplemental?? Can you clarify what you mean by this. I haven’t received a supplemental and wasn’t aware that South had one…

On 6/25/2022 at 1:30 PM, Marisa12 said:

I emailed DTIS customer service and they weren't very helpful...so then I called Castle Branch and after being on hold for 45 mins I was able to speak with someone who put in a request with someone higher up who was able to change my account to an out of state account and so far everything looks to be working correctly. I'm now waiting for my fingerprint card to arrive in the mail.

ah haha I made the same mistake... how long was it till it was resolved? I called them Sunday and they placed a inquiry and it still isn't done

7 hours ago, HannahRodriguez said:

Hey everyone, Just got my acceptance!!! I was at the July 20th interview, if anyone else from that day got in let me know(: can’t wait to see y’all!!!

Congrats!!! I was also at that interview session. How did you know when your Castle Branch order was complete? I have all of my results back as of earlier today, except under fingerprint it says “eligibility placement” incomplete, that it has to be completed by the school. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:59 PM, M4768 said:

I also just got accepted from the 07/20 interview session. So excited! Would love to connect with others that were accepted. 

I got accepted from the 7/7 interview and already put in my deposit! I would love to connect with other people who will be attending as well. 

• 2 weeks later...