South University Tampa-2023

On 6/16/2022 at 4:33 PM, Marisa12 said:

I've been having issues creating a fingerprint scan appointment through DTIS...mainly because I accidentally inputted the in-state Access Code even though I'm out of state 😞
Has anyone else made this mistake? How responsive is DTIS customer service? 

I am also having trouble with this. Were you able to get it resolved? 

On 6/22/2022 at 11:25 AM, prepamadi said:

I am also having trouble with this. Were you able to get it resolved? 

I emailed DTIS customer service and they weren't very helpful...so then I called Castle Branch and after being on hold for 45 mins I was able to speak with someone who put in a request with someone higher up who was able to change my account to an out of state account and so far everything looks to be working correctly. I'm now waiting for my fingerprint card to arrive in the mail.

On 5/5/2022 at 10:13 PM, BrittGrebinger said:

Don't mind at all!

-GPA was 3.97, bachelor's in Biological Health Sciences

-GRE 298

-15,000 hours of PCE (I've been an x-ray tech for the past 9 years and I'm also still working, but just one day a week)

-Shadowing hours were my hours from work because I work in an ER at a trauma hospital with multiple PAs. 

-I also took the Casper exam and scored a high percentage but they don't give you an exact score. 

Hi there! I am very eager to attend this school, 

I also got a 298 on my GRE, but only a 3.0 on the writing... 

Do you think I have a shot? 

My cGPA is 3.48, and sGPA is 3.39...

TIA!

53 minutes ago, tiffanyeverts said:

TIA!

I wouldn’t worry too much on stats. The fact is everyone is different. Let’s say your stats are avg compared to someone else’s but your volunteer and pce hours exceeded when compared to others. This fact balances your overall app. Also, depends on your personal statement and the challenges you’ve been through and the school you attended as community college may be weighed differently if you attended an IV college. So there are so many factors. You have a chance just like everyone else, Keep positive and stay confident on what you submitted! 
Note: as long as you met the requirements you’ll be fine unless the program requires a specific score as a requirement.

Edited by JLPAC
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 7:13 PM, BrittGrebinger said:

Don't mind at all!

-GPA was 3.97, bachelor's in Biological Health Sciences

-GRE 298

-15,000 hours of PCE (I've been an x-ray tech for the past 9 years and I'm also still working, but just one day a week)

-Shadowing hours were my hours from work because I work in an ER at a trauma hospital with multiple PAs. 

-I also took the Casper exam and scored a high percentage but they don't give you an exact score. 

I have nearly the same stats, 298 on GRE and 3.90 cGPA 3.87 sGPA, I was so worried about my GRE score, it's so nice to see I may still have a chance at an interview 😩

Edited by ssassine

On 6/29/2022 at 6:04 PM, tiffanyeverts said:

TIA!

I think you definitely do still have a shot! There's so much more they look at besides just your GRE score and GPA, they'll look at your experience, personal statement, your overall goals and just you as a person. Definitely don't doubt yourself! Like what was stated above, just stay positive and confident! As long as all the requirements are met, you definitely have a good chance👍. Good luck!

Edited by BrittGrebinger
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ssassine said:

I have nearly the same stats, 298 on GRE and 3.90 cGPA 3.87 sGPA, I was so worried about my GRE score, it's so nice to see I may still have a chance at an interview 😩

Yes you definitely do! The GRE is honestly not a good gauging tool to use if someone should be considered for PA school or not, and I think a lot of school are actually swaying away from it. Good luck!

• Like 1

Has anyone that is attending the interview on 7/7 received any info on interview style/what the day will look like other than starting and ending times? I have heard that it is common for a school to tell you what to expect and want to make sure that I didn't miss an email. 

5 hours ago, Hannah12 said:

Has anyone that is attending the interview on 7/7 received any info on interview style/what the day will look like other than starting and ending times? I have heard that it is common for a school to tell you what to expect and want to make sure that I didn't miss an email. 

I haven’t received anything yet! Hopefully it’ll come tomorrow. I know that they said the interview will go from 1p to around 5:30p but no idea on the style of interview or anything else. 

6 hours ago, np7560 said:

I haven’t received anything yet! Hopefully it’ll come tomorrow. I know that they said the interview will go from 1p to around 5:30p but no idea on the style of interview or anything else. 

I am also supposed to interview On 7/7 and have not received an email about the format yet. Only that it will be from 1pm to approximately 5/5:30pm. I have heard though from a current student that it is a blind interview with three individual faculty members(at least that is what hers was like). Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 4:52 PM, Janedoe said:

Just received an invite to interview, seems they accidentally sent the background check before sending the invite

Do you need to do the background check before your interview? It doesn't make much sense to have to pay that much money prior to acceptance. 

13 hours ago, marcellaperez said:

Do you need to do the background check before your interview? It doesn't make much sense to have to pay that much money prior to acceptance. 

The process has to be started before the date castlebranch says I think. But yeah, it doesn’t make sense. I confirmed with them and it’s what they want. You cannot be considered for acceptance without being cleared. It’s a lot of time and money to be potentially rejected, but what can we do 😭

So the background check doesn't have to be completed before your interview, but it does need to be completed before they can officially accept you or not. So I would recommend getting it done ASAP so it doesn't cause a delay in case they do choose you but then theydon't have your background check and that could potentially put you on the wait-list. I know it's kind of a pain but it's just part of the deciding factor unfortunately.