South University Tampa-2023

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mind at all!

-GPA was 3.97, bachelor's in Biological Health Sciences

-GRE 298

-15,000 hours of PCE (I've been an x-ray tech for the past 9 years and I'm also still working, but just one day a week)

-Shadowing hours were my hours from work because I work in an ER at a trauma hospital with multiple PAs. 

-I also took the Casper exam and scored a high percentage but they don't give you an exact score. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, MorgenR said:

HI!

I’m trying to figure out how competitive South is. Does there seem to be a minimum number of hours that people are accepted with? I know technically there’s no minimum, but it’s hard to figure out what a competative number is.

I can try and find out and let you know! I honestly don't even know what the minimum was for my class, but I can try and get a roundabout number. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, PAHopeful2319 said:

Just got my first interview of the cycle!!! I submitted and was verified 6/3, received confirmation of receipt that same day, and got the interview invite on 6/13 for either 7/20 or 7/27!!! Could not be more excited!!!

Congratulations, that’s amazing!! Do you mind sharing some of your stats? 

4 minutes ago, loo98 said:

Congratulations, that’s amazing!! Do you mind sharing some of your stats? 

Of course!

GRE: 308 (152Quant 156Verbal 5Writing)

cGPA: 3.56 (7 Post-Bacc credits with a 3.83 that raised my overall to a 3.57)

sGPA: 3.46

BCP: 3.23

Legit DPC: 640 hours as a Neurosurgery Medical Assistant

Questionable DPC: ~2500hours as a Chiropractic Assistant doing hands on therapies like traction, ultrasound, electric stem (some schools count this, some do half credit, some dont count it at all)

HCE: ~900hours

Shadowing: 115 PA (3 specialties) 130 MD (5 specialties)

Any other questions feel free to reach out!!

I also had a ton of C's. Like an entire year's worth in science and non-science classes. My Junior GPA was calculated at a 2.6 and I have like 4-5 W's on my transcript from dual enrollment when I was young and didn't realize it would be stuck on there forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAHopeful2319 said:

Just got my first interview of the cycle!!! I submitted and was verified 6/3, received confirmation of receipt that same day, and got the interview invite on 6/13 for either 7/20 or 7/27!!! Could not be more excited!!!

Congratulations!!! 😃

• Thanks 1