Looking for a change of scenery

Hello all,

I have been a PA for 34 years, mostly Family Practice but also Urgent Care and ER. That is referred to now as "seasoned" rather than just old. I guess it lies somewhere near retirement and before death 🙂  Seriously I know I have a lot of good working years left in me and I love being a PA so why give it up. I was just thinking I would like to do it somewhere else other than the US for a change of pace. Does anyone know where to search for jobs  in the Caribbean of some place similar in climate? I can't say I want to go too far away (ie Africa, Europe, etc)  just somewhere that perhaps offers new adventure without limiting practice skills. Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rjt

Puerto Rico might be an easy choice (see  below) as US PA laws apply.  I've learned the hard way that it is difficult to find a position in a country that does not recognize PAs. I applied for the State Department gig decades ago and at times I wish I had taken the position.  However, the caveat (at that time at least) was  that assignments were based on seniority, so new comers rarely had a choice where they were assigned.

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Physicians Assistant&l=Puerto Rico&mna=5&aceid&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0umSBhDrARIsAH7FCof7ip_OaM5xt8wQLTbKGjMZHNI1QtyX5E_QsbyCnK6cPGGc23BNWmwaAkAIEALw_wcB&vjk=4fb8f78e92ca1e61

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 7:02 AM, jmj11 said:

However, the caveat (at that time at least) was  that assignments were based on seniority, so new comers rarely had a choice where they were assigned.

This is still the case. First assignment is generally Africa, then eastern Europe or south America, then one has enough seniority to request choice assignments. A friend of mine landed Berlin as his third assignment.