NY College of Mount Saint Vincent

On 7/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, PAapplicant1234 said:

Has anyone who has accepted and paid for their seat in the 2023 cohort received their acceptance package yet? I want to read up on the program and get more information but no one has answered my emails and I paid 2 weeks ago. 

I was accepted on june 16th and still have not received any packet. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 6:37 PM, upcomingpa12 said:

2022 is all filled up I think, those on the waiting list might get lucky if they is an opening because I also turned down my acceptance as I got accepted to one of my top choices.

Regardless I was never notified if I was on the waiting list or not..

I interviewed a while ago and did get accepted within 24 hours. I accepted the 2022 cohort but I’m having lots of regrets.

1. Financial aid. They do not pick up, they do not respond to emails and they are out to lunch all the time.

2. Housing is having lunch with financial aid. When you call reslife, no one answers. After more than 25 phone calls, someone actually picked up. She says: “ no, there’s no physician assistant program here. The graduate housing are for nursing students only.”

The great thing about this college are the faculty members in the physician assistant program.  If you email them, they get back to you instantaneously. The faculty members are fantastic. They would walk to financial aid and speak on our behalf. Just when we were getting things rolling into the right direction, the director of financial aid resigns. The new director, wants nothing to do with us. After calling the college admissions department, the woman says: “ Yes we do have a physician assistants program but you should look into other programs because they have no idea what is going on.” Some of my classmates have gone to the school for a tour and the PA program welcome them with open arms when they went to visit.

We finally met with a college administrator   from the college. His name was Something Stewart, my classmates and I met with him on zoom and he obviously remains clueless because he promised us so much. He promised to get back to us. It’s been over a month, he has not gotten back to us. He promised to talk to different departments for us. Obviously he did not since we are having so many problems.

We are paying a lot of money to attend.
 The school is not helping us. Answering the phone is an issue  

Some of my classmates were moving into the dorms yesterday. Boy was that a poop show. 
My aunt actually works in one of the major news channels. Maybe, she will write about the school. I’m actually giving her specific details on what my classmates are experiencing so she can put the word out not apply here.

Do not apply here. Stay far, far away.

You might have a chance if you apply elsewhere. This place will definitely shut down.

• Downvote 2

I know we all want to be PAs but the school is making it extra hard for us. I didn’t say the PA program, I said the college. The problem starts and ends with the college.

I’ve  talked to a few other students. We all agree that Dr. Seward made us promises that he knew he couldn’t keep. He was supposed to get back to us the following Wednesday, did you hear from him? No. Because Seward doesn’t care. Seward represents the college. Do you really think he cares if we pass or fail? No. The college doesn’t care. Don’t lie to yourself by convincing each other that he cares. He does, he cares about each of our 105k. The faculty for the Pa program cares. We have all seen that. Call it what it is. Seward is a piece of shit for talking nonsense to us. You can tell he’s like a car salesman. he was going to get back to us with financial aid answers, he was going to get back to us regarding housing. He was going to get back to us with a lot of things but he doesn’t care. He says so much nonsense , promises us the world then doesn’t get back to us. OK, I will tell my aunt not to publish anything but let’s see what happens this week. Let’s see what Seward says to us. Watch, watch him talk. He will say I understand, I’m sorry you’re going through this, we have a new staff coming in, I’m sorry it’s been like this, Let’s all try to work together, let’s make this better, let’s make you guys great PAs, let’s get your career going, let’s do this and let’s do that so we can all buy into his nonsense. He was named correctly Seward Like the Seward in the streets of New York City. Garbage. 

no one should trust him. He’s the money man for the school. He’s not the educator. He’s just here to convince us the school is doing everything they can to help us. No, the physician assistant faculty is doing everything they can to help us. Not the school. Do not confuse the two. 
PS: I am not dropping because PAs at my scribe job talks highly about the faculty members in the PA program. I am there to learn from them. I am not there for the bullshit. And the school is bullshit. How does your financial aid department not pick up the phone or help us in getting financial aid but yet you want the money? How does  graduate housing not care where students will live. Are they not human? Do they not have children, nieces, nephews, sisters or brothers, cousins?

How do you give us dorms that we are paying for so nothing is given to us but yet you will not give access ID card to get in and out the building or keys to the place? Why are college staff members saying that some of the apartments are actually going to be condemned and it is not livable but yet they are assigned?  Why are the kitchens not working? Why is it such a hard time to get answers to such important details?

I am not saying anything negative about the physician assistant program. I just feel, like many students that the college is blocking us for some reason to giving us what we’ve paid for. This should be stress-free. The college gets their money and we get our education. But the truth is, the college gets their money and they don’t care what happens to us. You don’t believe it? Think about the time that we wasted with sewer the piece of shit. We can’t get that time back.

All I’m saying is that if you apply to the PA program, you will meet a great physician assistant faculty team but you will be faced with many, many, many, many problems with the college. So unless you’re OK with the shenanigans that the College will put you through then go ahead. But know that the college representative, Seward will lie to you and make you think that you are their priority. Your money is their only priority. 
Besides that, the physician assistant program is the only reason why people are staying. 
And that’s the truth.

let’s see what the college says during orientation week if they are part of the orientation. Listen to their nonsense and hear them apologize for something that they have total control over.

I have the entire shit talk that Seward gave  us on video. The whole thing was recorded. Why? Because he’s not to be trusted with his smug face. We have all been having so much problems with financial aid and housing, I knew that he would not help us but will tell us he is.

See you tomorrow, bright and early.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...