NY College of Mount Saint Vincent

Hi. I had my interview today. I was stressing out for nothing. 

Thank you Futurepa096 and ammo... It was very laid back. They really put you at eased. I asked about the delay in deposit. They said without the deposit within 10 days, you lose your seat if accepted. they had a lot of interviews today.

You sign on at 9 AM where you hear the director talk for a few minutes and then the faculty introduces themselves. They were very brief. They all had 20+ years as a PA and seemed down to earth. Mostly ER PA’s. 
They give you an essay and tell you to return for your personal interview.

There were about 50 people on the zoom link. During the interview, they did not rush and they made you seem like you were the most important person during the interview. I thought with all those people, they would’ve rushed through the interviews. At least that’s what I hoped. They even joked around with me and told me about their experience. They gave you time to ask questions. They made sure you didn’t have anything else you wanted to say before saying goodbye. It honestly felt like we were just having a conversation. It went well. 
Hopefully, I hear some good news soon. 

• Like 1

@HopefulPA2BeYes I agree I was stressing out for no reason the interview felt more like a conversation honestly! I felt really good about my interview but given that there were about 50 people on the zoom link as you said I’m crossing my fingers 🤞🏼 because Sondra did tell me that they have a couple of seats left for this September 2022 class. Well best of luck to us! I’m so anxious to receive a decision already it’s only been 1 day and the anticipation is killing me already! 

Good luck Yaya19!!!

The two people who interviewed me are the two clinical directors. We were talking about different sites on rotations and how one used to not like eyes but love it now. We were laughing so hard that my family thought my interview was over and opened my door. ( thank goodness the door is to the side and not noticeable). I asked about different rotating sites , they have over 1000 places. My family says they heard the interview and believes the faculty is what will make the program. If I get in, I’m heading to NY.  

Edited by HopefulPA2Be

YaYa, I’m coming from the West Coast. I have family in Manhattan, Westchester and New Jersey. We’ve been visiting New York a lot over the past ten years and we love it. I recently got accepted to the Yeshiva program but I turned it down. My cousin had some friends who attended there but dropped out because the faculty members didn’t seem like they cared. I heard more than 20% either dropped out or got dismissed.   After reading their forum, I’m happy with my decision to decline their offer. I’m hoping to get into Mt St. Vincent.

It’s Friday. I hope to hear something soon.

1 hour ago, HopefulPA2Be said:

YaYa, I’m coming from the West Coast. I have family in Manhattan, Westchester and New Jersey. We’ve been visiting New York a lot over the past ten years and we love it. I recently got accepted to the Yeshiva program but I turned it down. My cousin had some friends who attended there but dropped out because the faculty members didn’t seem like they cared. I heard more than 20% either dropped out or got dismissed.   After reading their forum, I’m happy with my decision to decline their offer. I’m hoping to get into Mt St. Vincent.

It’s Friday. I hope to hear something soon.

Hey you applied to Yeshiva this year? 

Guest pa321

Hey anyones portal say awaiting decision? My application was sent to the committee on 6/7 but I have not heard anything back besides them wanting my official transcript from when I complete my summer classes at the end of this month. 

Edited by pa321

FuturePA096, I applied for 2023. 
I applied June 14

Received June 16

interviewed offered June 20

Declined after my sister met some of Yeshiva’s PA students at her friends party. They were bashing their own program. They want to leave the program but do not want to lose the money and start all over again. My sisters friend says one kept saying it is considered a piecemeal program. They do not care about the students. It’s money. Everything comes back to money. My sister says they were so miserable. She heard them talking amongst each other before she went over and told them I had a interview date with their program. Every single one of them told her to advise me not to do it. Their advice is to definitely apply and look into other programs but not theirs.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PAapplicant2022 said:

I submitted my application on 7/1 through CASPA, they received my application on 7/5, got an email invitation yesterday (7/9) which states that they are interviewing for "a seat in the Physician Assistant Class which begins in September 2022." I assumed this was a mistake because I applied through CASPA that states that the start year is Fall 2023. 

Reading through this forum I see that some applicants were given the option to pick which year to start. Given that September 2022 is two months away, I would much rather start next year to give myself time to prepare. 

For those that recently interviewed and got accepted, did you apply through CASPA and also get the same email invitation but was then given the option to start in 2023? I know I am getting ahead of myself, but assuming I get accepted, I would not want to rush into any decisions before hearing back from other possible interviews that could start any time after September. 

I am a first gen, first time applicant. I do not know the process and feel completely lost and confused about this entire process. 

I had the same experience when offered my interview in June. I told them through email that I was interested in the 2023 class but they had me interview anyway! During the interview they asked which cohort I was interested in and I said 2023 so that I would have a year to work in order to have more financial independence. They were not judgmental at all about my response and the next day I was offered a seat in the 2023 cohort! So I would say do the interview at the soonest opportunity possible and just explain your interest in the 2023 class! Good luck!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PAapplicant1234 said:

I had the same experience when offered my interview in June. I told them through email that I was interested in the 2023 class but they had me interview anyway! During the interview they asked which cohort I was interested in and I said 2023 so that I would have a year to work in order to have more financial independence. They were not judgmental at all about my response and the next day I was offered a seat in the 2023 cohort! So I would say do the interview at the soonest opportunity possible and just explain your interest in the 2023 class! Good luck!

I agree with both of the responses above. They also gave me an option between 2022 and 2023.

I told them I wanted to interview for 2023 and I never gave a reason why. 

(I choose it because i'm a first generation and first time applicant as well and wanted to weigh my options.)

They respected my decision of picking 2023 and sent me an interview a few weeks later. Like the person said above they asked me again during the interview which cohort I was applying for and if I was to get everything in would I be interested in starting in 2022. I replied with no and they was totally fine with that answer and we went on with the interview.

I would agree and say they were not judgmental at all since the next day after the interview I was offered a seat in the 2023 cohort.

• Like 1

Wow. I already paid my deposit for 2023. I wish they gave more time since it is early in the cycle. I'm happy I got accepted and all and have that security of knowing I will be a PA and sit for boards, but if they are pushing back interviews for Class of 2023 just wish they also pushed back deposit deadlines 😞. Especially cause 1500 is hard to come by in 10 days.

Edited by ammoo

Guest Riandu22
7 hours ago, ammoo said:

Wow. I already paid my deposit for 2023. I wish they gave more time since it is early in the cycle. I'm happy I got accepted and all and have that security of knowing I will be a PA and sit for boards, but if they are pushing back interviews for Class of 2023 just wish they also pushed back deposit deadlines 😞. Especially cause 1500 is hard to come by in 10 days.

I agree, that’s how all programs are unfortunately 😞. the programs are so competitive they all require seat deposits within 7-10 days. Think of it this way- they are interviewing about 80 people a week, so it’s rly good that you had your seat secured! ☺️

1 hour ago, Ashketchum said:

Hello everyone, 

For those who got rejected, when did you hear back from them? I had an interview with them last week and it’s looking like a no 😬

interviewed last month and still waiting too hopefully something good happens but I don't even know if I should contact them at this point