NY College of Mount Saint Vincent

3 hours ago, KC9876 said:

Hey, I interviewed last week and it was super chill. First, we had a general introduction and then they had us answer a short timed essay prompt and then we returned at our assigned time for the interview. The faculty was very nice and they just really want to get you know you so just be yourself. 

hey, did they ask alot of scenario/ problem questions or was it more general interview questions?

Also, when will you hear back about a decision?

Goodluck to u

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mang0 said:

hey, did they ask alot of scenario/ problem questions or was it more general interview questions?

Also, when will you hear back about a decision?

Goodluck to u

They were general questions. I heard back after a few days, they called me yesterday

10 minutes ago, mang0 said:

ok awesome, Im a little less nervous now! Any tips or advice?

Honestly, I was nervous too but the faculty made it very comfortable and they just genuinely want to get to know you as a person. So just be yourself and relax which I know might be hard to do. But you got this!! 

Just now, KC9876 said:

Honestly, I was nervous too but the faculty made it very comfortable and they just genuinely want to get to know you as a person. So just be yourself and relax which I know might be hard to do. But you got this!! 

thank you so much, and i believe they have an essay too right? how was that?

Guest Dylreynolds92
7 minutes ago, Macoco said:

Hey did anyone interview yesterday that asked about the timeline to receive a decision?

I was just going to ask this on the forum! I didn't ask them, but now I wish I did. I've been more anxious about receiving a decision than I was for the actual interview (& i didnt think that was even possible lol). Do you think it be bad to email the program as a follow-up & just ask when we should expect a decision? 😬

Edited by Dylreynolds92

Guest Dylreynolds92
13 hours ago, soccer991 said:

Any tips on the interview? I interview Wednesday and am very nervous its my first interview!

heyy when did you apply!? Im waiting for an interview 

I’m a bit nervous. I spoke to some PA’s at my scribe job. The instructors from this program is supposedly pretty known to be great educators and down to earth people who wants everyone to pass. My invitation is for this Wednesday June 29. 9 am for a general introduction then I have to return for a personal interview with the staff. 

Mali22345,

Thank you so much but I know I’m still going to be nervous tomorrow. I heard that the instructors are pretty well known in the PA world. When I mentioned the program name to some of the PAs at the hospital where I work, all the PA’s that’s been working for many years seems knows most of them. I hear they are very down to earth and their main goal is to make it a stress-free environment. I’ll see how the interview goes tomorrow.

• Like 1

I also have my interview tomorrow morning and am nervous as well! But the email they recently sent emphasizing for us to be ourselves and "stop googling questions and asking people what we should say" kind of makes me feel a little bit more at ease! Just believe in yourself! They liked you enough to offer you an invitation to interview so you got this! positive thoughts only! Good luck!!!! 

I got accepted some time ago. I am a first time applicant and don't know the process. I want to hear back from other programs since it is early in the cycle. I asked them if paying the deposit on a later date will effect my ability to reserve my seat or say I will attend. They have yet to respond. I truly don't know what I will do 😭

12 hours ago, ammoo said:

I got accepted some time ago. I am a first time applicant and don't know the process. I want to hear back from other programs since it is early in the cycle. I asked them if paying the deposit on a later date will effect my ability to reserve my seat or say I will attend. They have yet to respond. I truly don't know what I will do 😭

I'm in the same boat.... If possible please let me know if they answer.