NY College of Mount Saint Vincent

I just learned that the College of Mount Saint Vincent is starting a PA Program in the Bronx.  I learned about it on the Physician Assistant Virtual Fair.  Faculty seemed very personable and down to earth.  They are still accepting people for their class which begins in September 2022.  

• 1 month later...

I applied a couple weeks ago and one of the admissions counselors informed me that they would be meeting to discuss applications soon and I should hear their decision before the end of the month. I'm very curious how many people have applied because it looks like their first class has 55 seats which seems like a lot for an incoming cohort. 

Guest Adalexia
On 5/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, coco77 said:

I applied a couple weeks ago and one of the admissions counselors informed me that they would be meeting to discuss applications soon and I should hear their decision before the end of the month. I'm very curious how many people have applied because it looks like their first class has 55 seats which seems like a lot for an incoming cohort. 

Hey there! How long did it take after you applied, before the admission counselor reached out to you? I applied yesterday, just wondering when to expect some sort of reply. Thanks so much!

10 hours ago, Adalexia said:

Hey there! How long did it take after you applied, before the admission counselor reached out to you? I applied yesterday, just wondering when to expect some sort of reply. Thanks so much!

I reached out to the admissions counselor myself! It lists an admissions counselor on your portal. 

Guest Dylreynolds92

Hi everyone. Did you all only submit through caspa? Did you need to send any material directly to the school? Thank you 

2 hours ago, Brody117 said:

How do you find your admissions counselor on your portal? And are they going to be conducting interviews?

It should list them under application status immediately when you log into your portal. I don't know if they are conducting interviews, she just told me I would hear from them by the end of the month.

I have no idea when/if they’re closing applications. I submitted my application in the middle of April and asked them when the cycle was closing and all they said was that it was rolling admissions. When I spoke with my admissions counselor in the beginning of the month she said that the admissions team was meeting soon to discuss applicants for fall of 2022 and that I would hear from them by the end of this month. Still haven’t heard anything and I’m a nervous wreck lol 

Edited by coco77

Guest Adalexia
2 hours ago, coco77 said:

I have no idea when/if they’re closing applications. I submitted my application in the middle of April and asked them when the cycle was closing and all they said was that it was rolling admissions. When I spoke with my admissions counselor in the beginning of the month she said that the admissions team was meeting soon to discuss applicants for fall of 2022 and that I would hear from them by the end of this month. Still haven’t heard anything and I’m a nervous wreck lol 

Yes, I called yesterday and was told the same thing. I'm actually applying for the class starting in 2023. The lady who answered the phone said that they haven't started reviewing those applications yet, and that they are finishing their review of applications for the class starting in 2022. So don't worry, they still haven't finished up with the applications yet. I'm sure you'll hear back soon 😄

Edited by Adalexia

13 hours ago, Adalexia said:

Yes, I called yesterday and was told the same thing. I'm actually applying for the class starting in 2023. The lady who answered the phone said that they haven't started reviewing those applications yet, and that they are finishing their review of applications for the class starting in 2022. So don't worry, they still haven't finished up with the applications yet. I'm sure you'll hear back soon 😄

Thanks so much for sharing your info and best of luck! I'll be sure to update here as soon as I hear back! 

Guest Dylreynolds92

Hi everyone. Has anyone received an interview invite yet? Also, how many seats are offered in the first class? Thank you in advance!! 

Guest Dylreynolds92
23 minutes ago, Macoco said:

Hi, I just received an interview invitation and they offered both September 2022 and September 2023 cohorts. I was looking at their website and was wondering if anyone knows if they are a program specific to primary care? 

Oh nice that's awesome!!! I plan on applying today. Also, I don't think they are specific to primary care.

Guest Adalexia

hey guys, congrats on your interviews! Would you mind posting your stats? I would rly rly appreciate it. I applied in early May and still haven't heard back

Edited by Adalexia

Congrats on your interview! When you say they offered both 2022 and 2023 cohorts do you mean they offered you the option to pick which cohort you’d interview for? And did you apply through CASPA for 2023? Thanks!

Edited by coco77

32 minutes ago, Mali22345 said:

Hii! Yes exactly, they offered the option to pick which cohort to interview for. I applied through CASPA! 

Oh that’s awesome congrats and good luck on your interview! I’m kind of nervous now since I applied through their website for 2022 start and had everything in by the end of April and still haven’t heard anything.

Guest pa321

I applied through their website for the 22 start just last week and got the confirmation email today that my stuff was received. How long after did you guys hear back in terms of an interview! please let me know, I have currently been waitlisted at two other programs and was so excited to see this program pop up on the forum. 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:21 AM, Macoco said:

Did anyone already interview that can share their experience?

Hey, I interviewed last week and it was super chill. First, we had a general introduction and then they had us answer a short timed essay prompt and then we returned at our assigned time for the interview. The faculty was very nice and they just really want to get you know you so just be yourself. 

• Thanks 2

Guest Adalexia
2 minutes ago, KC9876 said:

Hey, I interviewed last week and it was super chill. First, we had a general introduction and then they had us answer a short timed essay prompt and then we returned at our assigned time for the interview. The faculty was very nice and they just really want to get you know you so just be yourself. 

Hi there! Thx so much for sharing! Did they say how long it would take to give admissions decision after the interview? Thank you!😊

Guest pa321

How long after submission of all materials did you guys hear back? I’m waiting on one letter of rec but was assigned an admission counselor.

3 minutes ago, Adalexia said:

Hi there! Thx so much for sharing! Did they say how long it would take to give admissions decision after the interview? Thank you!😊

They didn't give me an exact time frame at the time of interview. They just told me that when the admissions committee meets and then we will inform you about the decisions. I just received my acceptance today so I guess like few days to a week.

• Like 3