UTRGV 2022-2023 Cycle

3 hours ago, PrePa0710 said:

Anyone get an email today saying that they finally received your application and will now process and consider it for interview? I submitted back in august. 

I got that email late august, submitted first week of July, still haven’t heard anything back regarding interviews. In the email they stated their interviews were scheduled for November but it looks like a bunch of people have interviews already. Trying to stay positive, I hope you are too!

26 minutes ago, maverickpa said:

I got that email late august, submitted first week of July, still haven’t heard anything back regarding interviews. In the email they stated their interviews were scheduled for November but it looks like a bunch of people have interviews already. Trying to stay positive, I hope you are too!

My email did not mention interview dates. It just said they are processing applications through the fall semester and final decisions would be before march/april. Which just seems forever away. 

1 hour ago, FuturePADaisy said:

Hi everyone! I received an interview invite today for Nov 4th, I submitted at the end of June. I have an acceptance from UTMB already so I am a lot more relaxed about this one but still nervous. For people who already interviewed, what was the interview style and what types of questions were asked?

It's not blind, traditional interview, and with some ethical questions. My interview was with 2 faculty members. If you've done your prep, you should be fine!

15 minutes ago, PAPau12 said:

Hi yall, received an interview invite today for Nov 4th as well!! 

Does anyone happen to know how many individuals usually get accepted into the program ? 

Congrats to everyone that's gotten accepted !! And Goodluck to those that are tackling interviews here and elsewhere !!

I believe it's 100 people in a cohort. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, FuturePADaisy said:

Hi everyone! I received an interview invite today for Nov 4th, I submitted at the end of June. I have an acceptance from UTMB already so I am a lot more relaxed about this one but still nervous. For people who already interviewed, what was the interview style and what types of questions were asked?

I actually decided to decline my interview because I think UTMB is a better fit for me. Hopefully someone will be able to take my spot! Good luck everyone!

• Upvote 2

Hey everyone! Congrats to those who have already been accepted and good luck to those still waiting! I just received my interview details and my personal interview is scheduled a few hours later than the interview start time. Is there anything I should prepare for other than the personal interview? Is it just a small faculty presentation first than just wait until your scheduled time? Any help is really appreciated.