University of Nevada Reno 2022-2023 Cycle

On 9/3/2022 at 5:39 PM, Ordinarytwist said:

I have not heard anything from them, not a secondary app invite or anything. I thought they were not utilizing the rolling admission, so should people still expect something, or since they've already sent out interview invites should other applicants not expect anything?

I submitted my application 8/19, verified 8/23 (after my last reference accepted) and I received the secondary app on 8/25.

2 hours ago, hlreed4 said:

Does anyone know the format of the group interview? At first, I thought it meant group activity since we already did the HireVue responses, but now I am wondering if it's more like a group panel interview. Thank you for any insight!

Hi There -

Could you mention when you got the HireVue response information/email?

Was it after you turned in your secondary questions?  Do you feel everyone gets a HireVue invite after they turn in the secondaries?

TIA

1 hour ago, AlohaAll said:

Hi There -

Was it after you turned in your secondary questions?  Do you feel everyone gets a HireVue invite after they turn in the secondaries?

TIA

Hi! 

My timeline is:

5/25: submitted

5/26: passed initial screening; secondary questions

8/8: invitation to interview (HireVue is the first portion of the interview process)

17 hours ago, AlohaAll said:

Hi There -

TIA

Not everyone gets a HireVue, only if invited to interview. I received mine Aug 8 

7 minutes ago, Msteedub said:

How long did it take you guys to hear back from the secondary application whether you got invited to an interview or rejected? 

From following other years, it seems like they send out the first round, conduct interviews, send acceptance and then move onto the next round. I believe the next cycle finds out the end of Sept for a mid-Oct interviews, then end of October for mid-Nov interviews. My last rejection came at the end of the full cycle on 11/30.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, soontobepa2022 said:

I applied 8/31, verified the same day. I didn't get any email acknowledging that they received my application and also no supplementary application 😞 should I contact admissions regarding this? any advice would help! Thanks in advance. 

Last year, I applied/verified on 8/3/2021 and never received acknowledgement of receipt or a secondary application. I followed up with them on 9/28/2021 via email and was told "Your application has been received and no additional information is needed at this time". 

I'm not sure if I applied too late, but the only other communication after that response was a rejection in early December 2021. 😐

If I were you, I would reach out to them and not lose hope until you get the email stating otherwise. I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Received invite to interview on 09/20/22 for the 10/21 interviews. I am very nervous but excited as this has been the only interview invite I have received so far, this being my first application cycle. I will gladly take any advice on acing this interview. I have fairly low stats and zero volunteer service, so I feel somewhat at a disadvantage. I am actively working to improve my stats. Any advice is appreciated!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 11:11 AM, mremkes said:

Received invite to interview on 09/20/22 for the 10/21 interviews. I am very nervous but excited as this has been the only interview invite I have received so far, this being my first application cycle. I will gladly take any advice on acing this interview. I have fairly low stats and zero volunteer service, so I feel somewhat at a disadvantage. I am actively working to improve my stats. Any advice is appreciated!

Just try and be yourself!  They obviously like you if you got an interview invite so just try and focus on what makes you unique.  This is my first cycle too and I will also be at the 10/21 interview so if we happen to be in the same group, know you will have at least one friendly face there!

14 hours ago, futurepamk said:

Has anyone received a rejection email? I'm still anxiously waiting...Good luck to everyone!

Not yet! I haven't heard anything since they received my secondary and that was months ago. I'm starting to lose hope since it's been radio silent from them on my end AND I am an out of state candidate

1 hour ago, ampolo said:

Not yet! I haven't heard anything since they received my secondary and that was months ago. I'm starting to lose hope since it's been radio silent from them on my end AND I am an out of state candidate

Shoot, I don’t think I ever received any confirmation that they received my app. Where did the email come from? Thanks!