RVU Application Cycle 2022-2023

Hi everyone, I wanted to start this year's thread a little early since I am looking to take the PA-CAT soon. Does anybody know the timeline for the PA-CAT. Also what is the best way to prepare? It is a lot of material and I have been studying, but I am unsure how deep I should go into the material. Any insight would be appreciated! Also, feel free to ask/answer any questions about RVU on this thread!

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Pippip said:

I just received an invitation to submit a supplemental application but it was addressed to a totally different person (whoops) so I'm waiting to hear back on that at the moment.

I also got the same email!!! They must have mass sent it out on accident. The password didn’t work either 

1 hour ago, futurePAAL said:

I also got the same email!!! They must have mass sent it out on accident. The password didn’t work either 

They just sent me the correct email with my information and a separate email apologizing so seems like it’s all good now! Hopefully you’ll be receiving that soon too! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received an interview invite too! Here is the timeline of my application for those who are curious.

6/2/22: CASPA Application sent in

6/8/22: Verified and sent the supplemental application. (For some reason it was addressed to Brandon Poblete but after logging onto the site with the login information given it said my name)

6/27/22: Interview invite received.

9/9/22: This is when my interview is scheduled. It is a 4 hour time slot and is held over zoom or some kind of video conference.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 8:36 AM, PA140 said:

What does the supplemental application entail? 

The supplemental application is included on CASPA under "Questions" when you go to the RVU tab under "Program Materials" Those questions include:

1. Please provide a creative autobiography

2. Please describe a stressful experience and its impact on your life.

3. Please explain why you are a good match for the PA profession.

4. Please explain why you are a good match specifically for the RVU PA Program.

Each one has a CHARACTER count of 3000 characters.

After completing your CASPA application and sending it in, RVU will email you with verification that they received your verified CASPA application. They will give you a link to the supplemental fee.  The only thing you need to do after submitting your CASPA application is pay this supplemental fee ($100 i think) and you're good to go!