2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks bhtoon1 and Mordechai.

@Mordechai: I know you can't tell specific questions, but do you mind telling us the overall interview process and what you thought of it? Was it pretty casual and relaxed or more formal? Also, what did you think about three people being interviewed at the same time?

Thanks in advance :)

@Jesskaur

I’m very happy to help as I know how intimidating these interviews can be.

First, you really shouldn't be nervous;the Mercy interview was exactly as described in the email, and the students and staff were incredibly kind and comforting throughout the day.

That being said, here is a breakdown of the day as I recall it.

It started with breakfast, then 30 minutes to write an essay answering a question they posed for us when we got there. Following that, we had a lengthy Q&A with a second year student and were given a student's perspective on the program and school. Later we met the program director, Professor Cashin, who was incredibly nice and made us all feel very comfortable. She spent a few minutes answering some more questions and pointing out the advantages of attending Mercy. They then divided us into groups of three and brought each threesome in for the group interview while the remaining interviewees received a tour of the facilities. After the interviews they served us lunch and we got a chance to mingle further with the current students.

As far as the three-person interview went, I personally found it to be an advantage over the one-on-one format. They gave each person a chance to be first, second, and third to answer a question, so that we all got an equal opportunity to share our thoughts. On top of that the usual anxiety that I feel on these interviews was dampened a bit as it was shared with the two other people in the room. The lower anxiety may also be attributed to the professors, as both of those who interviewed were very warm and inviting.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I am a first year student from Mercy. I'm on break and I'm willing to answer any questions you may have......I once was in your situation so I know how nerve wrecking this process is. If you haven't heard back from the school yet please be patient. I remember I interviewed in late January and didn't hear back till beginning of March. Also, one girl in our class told me that she was notified that she was accepted literally the week before classes started. Good Luck!!! :)

@KatinaT143

Hey everyone, I am a first year student from Mercy. I'm on break and I'm willing to answer any questions you may have......I once was in your situation so I know how nerve wrecking this process is. If you haven't heard back from the school yet please be patient. I remember I interviewed in late January and didn't hear back till beginning of March. Also, one girl in our class told me that she was notified that she was accepted literally the week before classes started. Good Luck!!! smile.gif

Hi! I'm wondering when the summer classes matriculate? Thanks! :) also my interview is Jan 11 so expect the latest for acceptance/decline? :heheh:

Archived