Naval Aerospace Medicine PA - Are y'all out there???

So I am entering PA school summer 2023 and I would really like to pursue the APA program at the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute once I commission. For any APAs out there who have gone through this program how did you get there and is that something that you can to negotiate with your detailer? 

If anyone has any kind of insight on this or has crossed paths with an APA and have any info that can be shared please send my way. 

These are the two websites that made me stumble upon it but I havent been able to find any other APAs besides the one mentioned in the second weblink article.

https://navypa.com/navy-pa-info/professional-development/aerospace-medicine-pa

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/210223/navys-first-aviation-pa-earns-wings-gold#:~:text=“Aerospace Medicine Physician's Assistants will,serve in future leadership positions.”

Ben,

One can typically apply for the APA fellowship after they have completed their first tour as a PA in the Navy (in other words, after 2-3 years of active duty service). Then it is a competitive application process. To my knowledge, this is not the type of thing one negotiates prior to entry into service ("I'll join if you send me to APA training"), if that's the question.

That said, it's one really great opportunity on top of that of serving as a Navy PA.

• Upvote 1