2022-2023 Application cycle

For all folks thinking of applying this coming cycle, please keep in mind this program has very strict standards for consideration for an INTERVIEW! They ONLY take into account your cumulative and science GPA, your GRE, and if you've worked at their partner institutions. I've copied exactly what's on the UW La Crosse PA website below.

Factors considered in the interview selection include the following:

• Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA), as calculated by CASPA
  • Science GPA, as calculated by CASPA
  • Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
  • To align with our program's mission "In collaboration with nationally renowned partners, we develop exemplary PAs, in an inclusive culture, who equitably optimize the health of our region",  preferential status will be provided to current employees of Gundersen Health System, Mayo Clinic, or Marshfield Clinic.

So basically if you're not exceptional in those three categories, you should not apply. 

I was on the wait list for an interview in the 2021-2022 cycle and did not end up getting one. I wanted to share my stats so other applicants know whether or not they are wasting their money if they apply because this is an expensive application!:

Cumulative GPA: 3.80,

Science GPA: 3.57

GRE: verbal 161 85% percentile, quantitative 160 75% percentile, analytical writing 5.0 92% percentile

and I had never worked at their partner institutions.

I did get several interview options elsewhere and am headed to PA school this fall! Know your options, save your application money! Good luck to all of you.

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I wanted to share that I was accepted at UWL and these were my stats for reference:

GRE: Verbal 163, Quant 160, Analytical 3.0

sGPA: 3.63

GPA: 3.78

I did not have experience working at any of the partner institutions. 

I’m sharing my stats to encourage those who might feel intimidated by the average stats on the website. I almost didn’t apply because of the website admission statistics, but I’m so glad I applied anyway. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, palife14 said:

Hey everyone! I am just wondering if anyone accepted into the class is waiting to hear back from other schools? UWL is my top choice, and I am on the waitlist so just trying to gauge how realistic it is. 

UW-Madison decisions come out in the next 2 weeks so I’m guessing the most movement will be then