Sign in to follow this  

We have an offer to get Epocrates at a discount through my program, but I am just wondering if any professionals use it or if there is something better I should consider. Any help is appreciated.

I preferr the free epocrates

and then I pay for skyscape 5 min clinical consult, and their 5 min emegency reference - seems to always be right there and easy with great info

Depends on where you're working, but I've found epocrates only really helpful for meds/calculations and use uptodate.com for clinical/dx questions. MANY people have recommended Pepid to me though which seems much better for my work setting.

If your school is affiliated with a med school, you can actually get the Essentials ($150) version of Epocrates free right now - they're doing a free offer for med students. Just make sure your account says you're a med student. http://www.epocrates.com/e/FreeforMedicalStudents2012/mobile

I think it varies from person to person what resource you'll find most helpful; my program was big on self directed learning, and part of that is figuring out what resources work best for you. I personally like Epocrates for rx questions and use a combination of the Current series and uptodate for clinical questions.

The ID pharmacist who rounds with my MICU team definitely prefers Micromedex over Epocrates due to the more up to date dosing recommendations for various indications. Micromedex is free and I no longer use Epocrates.

I am a fan of epocrates. I use the essentials version and find it quite helpful for side effects, dosing, pricing, etc. FWIW, I have free access to almost everything else via my University (Micromedex, Up to Date, etc.) and still pay for epocrates.

Pat

I've got the free version of Epocrates, but I find myself using Medscape more. I'm just a cheapskate, but never found a good reason to pay for the non-free Epocrates. :-)

LOL, same here. I had the free epocrates during school but when i graduated and switched from windows mobile to android I got the medscape app and it does most if not all of the epocrates paid app.

Cheapskates UNITE!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk