• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a current PA student in my 2nd year at NSU Ft. Myers and I love it. I don't know if the negative posters are just upset because they did not get into the program. The total deposit is $250 not $1000 to clear that up. I feel just as prepared as Medical students and more prepared than other schools PA students. Good luck to all of you applying! It is a difficult program but hang in there and study hard!

So here is a little information for all those that are wondering how many spots are left. I interviewed on 11/13 and ask claudia many spots have already been filled by the first round of Interviews and was told that 18 spots were full. I do not know how many seats were given out during the second round but I do know that they were being more picky during this cycle. I would speculate that there are probably 25-30 seats left! Good luck to everyone with an interview coming up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Talked to Claudia Hoffman Hodge, coordinator/recruiter - she let me know the format of the interview: 1/2 hour with her, 20-30 minute writing sample, introduction to 2-3 faculty members whom will interview candidate, 1/2 hour interview with those folks and then an opportunity to talk with a financial aid rep. I felt better after talking with her, still scared, but excited too! :)

Hey Everyone,

On behalf of the Class of 2014 student government executive board, we wanted to offer our perspective on the Nova Southeastern University/Southwest Florida experience. Below are just a few words that some of our board members put together to help give you a better idea of what the NSU Southwest Florida PA program is like. We hope you find this information helpful!

"I've found the NSU Southwest Florida program to be a great experience. My class is currently about 6 months into our didactic year, and I'm amazed at how much we've learned in such a short amount of time. It's definitely a challenging program, but the professors are here to help you get through it, and it's a good feeling knowing that you have over 60 classmates that you can count on to help each other get through the semester."

"One of the reasons I decided to come to NSU Southwest Florida is the program's commitment to making a difference in the community. Community outreach has always been a passion of mine, which is why I was excited to learn about how involved the SW/FL campus is in serving those in need. This program has given me the opportunity to be involved in initiatives like Project S.E.E.D (Serving Everyone, Embracing Diversity), which aims to provide medical services to underserved populations such as the local migrant farmworker population. This is just one of the many community outreach programs that NSU SW/FL participates in, and one of the reasons I'm proud to be a student here."

"The opportunity to come to PA school at NSU Southwest Florida is one that I'm extremely grateful for. In my short time at Nova, I've found that the professors really care and will do anything they can to help you succeed. I've found the curriculum to be stimulating and I've enjoyed the hands on learning experiences that are intertwined into the curriculum. Graduates from our campus have a reputation for being prepared to hit the ground running upon graduation, which something that we as a school are very proud of. We are also the reigning FAPA quiz bowl champions, a title that we plan on upholding in the coming year!"

"Looking back at my decision to come to Nova, I am glad that I chose to come to the Southwest Florida campus. One of the things I really value about the education I'm getting here is the emphasis on clinical problem solving and really learning how to think like a clinician. One of our programs greatest strengths is its emphasis on treating the individual patient (or as one of our professors might say, "treat the patient, not the disease"). I think it's important for schools to embrace this type of patient centered philosophy and begin to instill these types of values in PAs early on in their careers."

As you can see, our experience at NSU/Southwest Florida is something we are proud to be a part of. We wish you the best in your future endeavors, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

WE ARE NOVA!

Archived