• Created
  • Last Reply

Undergrad Ed School: Ramapo College of New Jersey

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.79

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.8

Age at application time : 22

1st GRE: 1060(New: 297)

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours)

Physical Therapy Aide ~ 600 hours and still working 43+ hours a week.

Extracurricular:

RCNJ Baseball Team

Biology & Pre Med Club

PA Emergency Room Shadowing at Yale New Haven Hospital..

I had a pretty standard application I thought nothing to out of the ordinary.

• 2 weeks later...

Undergrad Ed School: Health Education and Behavior- University of Florida

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.37

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.41

Age at application time : 22

1st GRE: 312 (V-152, Q-160)

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours)

Health Screener- 600 hours

Medical Assistant- 600 hours

Medical Missions (Nicaragua)- 180 hours (Three different trips)

• 2 weeks later...
I also have an interview on Oct 12! :) Getting very excited/nervous. Does anyone know what we can expect from the interview? Types of questions, essay format, how long it typically takes to here back on acceptance? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Came here to ask the same questions! Just received an interview invite and scheduled for November, very excited!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would suggest that unless you really have to go to this school (i.e. only acceptance, close to home) to please pick another. That is until management can get its act together. Right now things have deteriorated to a point where it is not only unbearable but people are actually getting worried about not learning enough to be successful come rotation time. The school is trying to compensate by attracting new students with super high GPA's in order to at least keep the program successful on paper. This of course is just treating the symptom and is not improving the overall quality of instruction, which (aside from one or two good instructors) is close to pathetic.

There are good programs out there, this is not one of them, I wish someone had told me before I took the plunge and payed the 250,- (is it still 250 to secure your spot?) fee. I sincerely regret picking this program and unfortunately most of us think like this.

Good luck

I completely agree with you, leaker037.. Please reconsider your options. Don't waste your money flying down for an interveiw unless this is your last resort. If you have another choice trust me when I say you should pick the other choice. This is NOT a good school. Students are constantly disappointed by the management, teaching, and administration. I have more than one degree from other universities and this is the worst school I have ever attended.

Hey Everyone!

I am in the current PA class at NSU- Naples/Ft. Myers and it is great! I couldn't be more happy with the program. I really feel like I am learning a lot and would highly recommend coming here if you can. It is a very relaxing environment (as far as PA school goes ha!), and truly molds you into thinking like a clinician in the first semester. I interviewed at a few other schools in Florida, and I am glad I chose this one. Between the atmosphere and the knowledge I've gained so far, I consider myself lucky to have a seat here. Good luck to everyone applying!

I got called last week to set up an interview, which will be at the end of January. Is this too late and will I probably be weight listed since my interview isn't for a couple months?? I'm so nervous. Can anyone give me some advice of how to prepare and calm my nerves?? Congrats to those that got in!!! I hope to be joining you wonderful people in June!! :=D:

Archived