2012-2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received an email 9/14 that said I was invited for an interview. However, I'm a bit confused about Barry's interview process. From some other comments it seems you are interviewed in groups of three. Do they do any personal interviews to get to know you better and ask us questions. Besides a bonding activity where they see how we work with others I'm a bit lost. If anyone who knows more about this can enlighten us would be very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

@AcidBurn135, the interview consists of a small group interview of 3-6 people and you are presented an ethical dilemma. You discuss and debate it within your group, and then you present your decision to the entire interview group and administration. It is very laid back and meant to see how you interact and present yourself. Good Luck!

--A few students form the class of 2014

• 2 weeks later...
I am also hoping to get an interview at Barry. I submitted my application the beginning of August and they didn't say it was under review until I think at least a month later. Congrats on those that got interviews already!

How did you know did your application is under review? Through mybarry?

Sorry about your rejection svasan1. When was your CASPA mailed? I haven't received any correspondence from MyBarry since my CASPA was mailed early Sep (after being completed in late Aug). I called about a week ago to ask if I could check my status on MyBarry. The lady said that my application was not yet under review, and nothing I can do until I receive an email notification for receipt of my materials.

it's ok. I have been put on an alternate list for another school so still have high hopes.

My caspa was mailed May 23.

The last email I got was Aug 22. "Thank you for your interest in Barry University’s Physician Assistant Program. Your application has been processed and is awaiting review by the Admissions Committee."

Then today i received the rejection letter.

svasan- sorry to hear about you rejection letter. Hope that other program works out for you!

kbrookshire1-My CAPSPA was mailed off August 31st. I called last week also and was told that my application is still not under review. I received the e-mail that my application has been processed but nothing since then. Let me know if you hear any thing else on your end!

do they extend offers for interviews via email? i have reason to believe my MyBarry account isn't working properly lol.

I am also very sorry to hear about those who received rejection letters. My application is still in limbo, somewhere...

They sent my interview invitation via my email. Make sure if you used two different emails for your MyBarry and CASPA you check both. Does anyone else have an interview in October? Mine is this Friday the 19th. Just seeing if anyone else from here will be there that day.

Archived