Happy Hospitalist Day 2022!

11 hours ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

Hospitalist - oh, that's the in-patient docs I consult when I'm transferring a patient.  It's a subspecies that only is found in urban areas.  😆

They attract their mate through whitely colored coats and 3 hour long talks about the sodium level of their nearby humanoid cousin, the patient. 

They are an opportunistic eater, feasting on whatever they can find. Let us watch now as they scavenge food from the left over nurse appreciation luncheon. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 7:38 AM, MediMike said:

Alright alright alright, you three put your ultrasound probes back in your cargo pockets and get back to 7th level of hell that is an ED on a Friday night to sign your energy drink sponsorship paperwork.

After all, I'm sure there are metrics to meet and meat to be moved!

Sorry, let me speak in your language.

IM speak: it would not be unreasonable to consider your not insignificant reference to cotton pocketed reduced length pants as a recognizable attribute of certain types of professionals working within the acute hospital setting, though further consultation is required to authenticate the veracity that there is no delta amongst the population. 

I’ll let you get back to your 6th hour of rounding and your argument with the general internist and the ED how the patient doesn’t meet ICU criteria. 😉

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1