Physician Assistant in South Africa

Hello. I recently moved to South Africa to live with my fiance. I am a licensed PA-C from the US. I have been having a very difficult time figuring out employment in South Africa. Wondering if anyone out there has been able to work in South Africa with a physician assistant degree from the United States. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was waiting on someone with more current knowledge to chime in, but that hasn't happened. I relate as I lived In Cyprus in circ. 1990. It is a complicated story as I went there to work with refugees from the Lebanese civil war and decided I wanted to stay. However, finding a job as a PA then was impossible. I did find a Cypriot cardiologist who had trained at Cleveland Clinic and really wanted to hire me, but there was no license process for a PA. He came up with a plan to hire me as a "RN" and then allow me to function as a PA, but of course I wasn't an RN, plus, he had to advertise in country (per the work visa rules) for six months plus, before he could offer a job to an American. With that said, I assume that you already saw this article in JAAPA.

• 3 months later...