2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@kagildersleeve I'm in the same boat, haven't heard anything either way. On their website it says expect to hear something by the end of october. My guess is that we're not in the top of the list (and have gotten an interview) but not the bottom (and have been rejected yet). If you do contact def keep us posted, but I'm sure we'll hear over the next two weeks either way.

I just received an email this morning inviting me to interview. I think rileygrl is spot on in that I consider myself a competitive candidate when looking at the overall picture, but some applicants may have had a higher GPA or higher GRE scores so they received their invitations before mine was sent out. If you haven't received a rejection letter, consider yourself still in the running for an interview. My application was verified on June 4, 2012 if that helps ease anyones worries.

Davis,

I scheduled my interview 2 days ago, and there were still November slots as well as October slots. They said in the interview email that they expect to fill all of their dates, so I would assume they have an X number of slots for the 120 candidates they interview. I'm not sure if they open up more slots as they send out more interviews. Hope that helps!

Anyone of the female persuasion interested in sharing a hotel room on Tuesday the 23rd? I'm going to book something now but would love to split the cost because these interviews are hurting my bank account!! I'm planning on being in town in time for the event at BAR and my interview is the next day. Then it's back to NYC for the flight home. Let me know, and best of luck to everyone!

Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite yesterday. Will anyone else be interviewing on October 23? Hope to see some of you there!

Hi! I will also be interviewing that day, so I'll see you there :) Can't wait to meet everyone! Will you be attending the pre-interview dinner the night before?

Is anyone going to the dinner at BAR on the 21st before the interview?

Hey ...I'll be there! :) I've got an interview at George Washington on Saturday and will be driving up to Connecticut on Sunday. Planning to stay until Tuesday and then fly back to Texas. Its going to be an exhausting trip, but I'm excited! My name's Tiffany ...see you there!

Southstar,

I interviewed yesterday, and it was a phenomenal experience! The staff and interviewers are all really warm and friendly, and the interview experience was vastly superior to many of the other programs I have interviewed at this interview season. I would definitely recommend you getting there earlier than you would anticipate. Traffic and driving around the New Haven hospital area was kind of chaotic at 8AM, and it added a bit of stress to me trying to find parking in the garage just before the interview. As far as tips, I would say to review your CASPA application and essay (they read these things before they interview you so it helped me to refresh what they were going to go over) and be able to proficiently answer the question "tell me a little bit about yourself". Also, have some questions ready because you'll spend the entire day with second year students. The second year students don't influence the admissions decision, so you can ask them anything that you may have a question about. Good luck!

Archived