in terrible need of help...plz i beg u!!

So im a senior at Ohio state university with a semester to go and a 2.4 gpa. my gre scores were 140 verbal and 143 quantitative. however, i have been a lead pharmacy technician at a highly recognized hospital for the past four years and was wondering my chances of getting into any pa programs. I no people are tired of answering these types of questions, but im getting panic attacks wondering. Please help! and any information on bettering my chances besides retaking classes would be helpful. im currently at the max credits for college.

Guest hubbardtim48

Max credits for college? Is this just your college because mine is not that way, since I have more than 1 degree....With a 2.4 I don't think you will get an anywhere. A 2.75 is the lowest prereq. GPA I have ever seen and that is the minimum, but others might have gotten PA school with a GPA lower than 2.75 and they can pipe in if that has occurred. I would say do more post-bacc classes and a masters and get a 4.0. Good luck and God bless!

Put in some work and take classes to raise your GPA. You're no different than me and others who graduated with a GPA below a 2.4. You need to work on your GPA and get paid direct patient HCE. If you want it bad enough you'll need to work at it and prove you're a different student today then what your undergrad GPA shows. It's possible to raise it. Just keep your head up and give it your all.

If your under the minimal GPA required then theres nothing else you can do but retake classes and improve. Its an accredidation issue for the school, when they set the minimal GPA it's the standard they present to ARC-PA and they can't go below that standard. Improve your GPA, keep working at it and do whatever it takes. I got rejected the 1st time I applied and the program sent me a letter detailing the areas I needed to improve on but there was a big problem with that, the summer term I needed to attend was the year the state of California cut a big majority of their summer funding for classes so there were none available. I went to the other side of the country, Chesapeake Virginia and lived with friends and took the classes I needed. You just have to commit yourself to this, there's no magic formula, grades and experiecnce get you to the interview table. Work on your grades. Good luck in achieving your goals.

Guest hubbardtim48

I might get his/her GPA up to around 3.0 and get a masters will help his chances since he/she might have to re-take a lot of classes, but we don't know at this time since we know nothing about science gpa, credits, total credits etc...

Did you refuse to look at your grades for the last 3 years? A 2.4 GPA doesn't just happen over night. There is a reason schools emphasize GPA; it is an overall trend of your academic performance over your educational career. Dealing in hypotheticals here, if you have 100 credits right now, you're going to need 60 credits of straight A work to bring that GPA up to a 3.0 to just be able to apply to most programs, not to mention you will be competing against applicants with an average GPA of 3.5. You're going to need high level HCE as well as a 3.0 to get looked at by most programs. Do yourself a favor and consider getting an AS in RN, paramedic or RT. Honestly your GPA isn't even competitive for most of those programs, but maybe a private tech school would be more lenient (and much more expensive). I think you really need to do some soul searching right now and decide if you want to rededicate yourself academically to make PA school a possibility. You can do it, but you're looking at at least 5 years between retaking classes, completing an AS and getting high quality HCE.

I really appreciate All the responses and I am finishing my final semester right now. I've taken around 220 credits of which most r upper level science classes. My financial aid will run out after this quarter so it's more of a give it a shot and pray something happens. Do u guys think I will have a shot with colleges with 2.7 gpa requirement? Btw what does HCE stand for? Again thx for all your help.

Archived