Liu class of 2015

Hi guys! I know a couple of people have replied to this question, but I want to find out a bit more information about the interview day. I have my interview February 19th and I want to prepare as much as possible for it. How long were the interviews? Were they one on one? Did you have ethical questions or political ones? If anyone would mind going into a bit more detail of their day would be great. Thanks!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@keithdenis22 i dont remember exat dates but i applied beginning mid july received an interview late october or beginning of nov., interviewed nov 12th and got accepted mid december!

@isaacstappas When you get to the school they give you an introduction about LIU to you and the other people interviewing. My session had a total of 4 people but as you've probably seen the number of interviewees vary from date to date. As the others are interviewing you complete the writing portion which is a short essay, easy topics such as your health care experience, etc... When I got called in to interview it was me and 2 professors interviewing me it lasted approximately 20 minutes. They were very nice and laid back. They really get to know you and your application/transcripts. I did not get asked any ethical or political questions but 2 of the girls who interviewed at the same session as me told me they got 1 ethical question each. 1 being about the HIPAA law and the other about euthanasia. For me it was more about my health care experience and transcripts. After they take you on a tour of the entire school. It was very laid back and everyone was very welcoming. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
finally got an interview...any mor suggestions? how was the written portion?

Sarah the written portion was really easy. You will basically be outlining your healthcare experience in a similar way to your personal statement on CASPA. You have plenty of time to write it. Don't sweat this interview - it's probably the most relaxed, and quickest, one you'll go on!

Archived