Application Advice

Hello Everyone. I am a senior this year getting my BS in Biology. I was hoping to be able to apply this next summer to PA schools. However, when going over parts of my application, I am not really sure if it is worth it or not. My current cumulative GPA is a 3.28 with my science GPA being at like a 2.65. I realize this is low and I am working on bringing this up. I have not taken the GRE yet, I plan to this next month. I am a certified CNA with so far about 120+ hours doing that, and I have some hours shadowing, and quite a few volunteer hours at a nursing home as well. I was wondering if I could maybe strengthen my application somehow to apply this summer, or if I should just put it off a year. Any ideas?

It's a little late in the cycle right now, keep doing what you're doing, and by next year, you'll be golden. If you continue working as a CNA for another year, you'll be able to meet a lot of the schools' 1000 hour requirements, thus you'd have a broader spectrum available to you. You really want to work on bringing up that science GPA, it'll be worth it in the end and save you a lot of money this year!

since your science gpa is 2.65, i'm not sure there's any school can qualify yet. save your money. try to get that gpa up to around 3.0. with your accumulation of cna hours, you'll be a good applicant next year. you can also take the gre if you want to apply to more schools. good luck

Archived