applying for 2013 cycle

Anyone know when the admissions committee will be meeting again? I know they met on 11/30 this past friday. But I was wondering if anyone has heard about future dates? I submitted my app close to the deadline, so I wouldnt be surprised if im one of the last ones to hear back from them. I am eager to interview with them. They are one of my top choices. Thanks!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of us still waiting - I received an interview invite for January today and someone else I know got a rejection email, so I know they sent out a batch of emails today. I've been anxious to hear anything as well since I applied in early August!! Congratulations to those of you already accepted and hopefully some of us will be joining you soon! :)

• 3 weeks later...

They only interview 9 people per interview day (I liked this!). You have a group interview (3 interviewees) in the morning with a board of interviewers (~6 ppl). They ask everyone individual questions and I would say most aren't ones you prepared for, but overall it is a relaxing interview. You also have a writing portion in the morning but they give you 3 choices, you pick 1, and it can only be 3 paragraphs long max. You get plenty of time to finish and it isn't anything to fret. You also get to sit in on a class in the morning, but my interview day missed this. There are 3 groups that will rotate between these activities so not sure which one you will have first! The second half the day is a tour, information session, and lunch meet and greet with current students.

Even though it snowed my interview day, everything was relaxed. Try not to be nervous (easier said than done I know). While they may ask interesting questions, it's not to trip you up....it's more about getting to know YOU and seeing how you would fit in with Emory and the rest of the class. They already know that you would do well on paper, now they need to see how you are face to face. So again relax and have fun interviewing for a crazy 2 year job that you are not being paid to do lol

cblanca: (late reply I know, but...) From what I know the admissions board gets together about once a month and calls people who were accepted the same day they meet. For example I interviewed 10/26 and heard back 11/30 that I got accepted. I believe the next Selection Meeting is on Feb 1st so that would be the earliest you would find out their decision. I wish you the best of luck!

Archived