Summer 2013 Applicants!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got accepted to Downstate today. Had my interview first week of January. Also got into Touro in Manhattan. Which one should I go to? I am a little worried about the lower PANCE passing rates on DS. It also does not have Masters, but that's not the worry because they said that every school will have to be Masters by 2020 and if anything, they will do an online masters program or something for a few months for students who already graduates.

@Cleverisallxx

The best advice I can say is be prepared. Look up online on PA interviews and read up about it. After being prepared, just be calm on the day of the interview. Don't get paranoid with everything. DS only does an interview; no tours or anything. The two interviewers are pretty cool. Treat it like a conversation, but stand out. Why should they take you instead of others? Also, prove that you WANT to and would enjoy being a PA. That's all I can say. I won't say what questions are on the essay, but you don't need to review anything science related. Hope these advices help. So do well. We might be classmates one day. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is william and i also had an interview with Downstate on Feb 14th. Has anyone had an interview near my date or in feb and heard back from Downstate? or been accepted? and for those who got accepted, how does the acceptance letter come? Does it come via email or regular mail? and when do the denial letters come? before or after or at the same time as acceptance letters? This wait is nerve-wrecking!

hey hype21 the letter of acceptance comes in the mail through UPS overnight shipping. After the interview it took about 5 weeks for me. Dont worry !! you will get your letter!! I think denial letters come later on after they have sent all the acceptance letters. Seems like it has been about 3 weeks for you so dont worry!

thanks for answering back congratulations on your acceptance, im just worried because my interview was later than others who are being accepted. I wonder if there is enough space for those applicants left. Do you know if many students have already been acepted? also i wanted to know what is your gpa and how your interview went so i can have a feel of how they choose applicants.

Hey thanx! I think even if your interview is later on it still takes about 4 weeks so just give it about a week but keep checking your checklist because even before you get your official letter it will be updated on the checklist as to things you need as an accepted student! Through this forum I only know 2 other students that are accepted but idk if there are others also who dont come here. My interview went well I think. They were very friendly and I had a good feeling afterwards. They did say in the interview that the interview is just one part of the application and they look at the individual as a whole. as per gpa mines it average and I think they dont only look at gpa they look at everything. I am sure you will get in dont worry there is still time!! How did your interview go? is downstate your first choice?

yeah i think my interview went well even though i was a little nervous but otherwise i was well prepared for the questions they asked. I know i have a good gpa 3.8 cumulative and 4.0 sciences but im worried because the interviewers made me feel scared they said this and i quote " there are many applicants just like you that are qualified, which is why we make these interviews so that you can sell yourself" did i sell myself enough? i hope so....he then said "there are alot of qualified students that dont get accepted because we only have 35 seats and if a student gets a denial letter is not because they are not qualified but because they are less fortunate" this really scared me because it means that not only do i have to have good grades but also some luck :( but i hope for the best!

It seems like your interview went well! yeah they probably have a lot of applicants but your gpa is great and your interview went well so im sure you will hear the good news soon! Also the more qualified applicants apply to many other schools as well so there is a chance they choose other schools that have masters option. How is your health care experience? and did you apply to any other schools? also who did you interview with?

Well i dont remember exactly who i was interviewed by, just that it was 2 PA's both of them male. I also applied to CCNY Sophie Davis, however i prefer Down State. My health care experience is not much, just 240 hours shadowing a PA, how about your health experience? and who interviewed you? i aslo wanted to ask you what higher science level class did you take? or do you have many? do you know if they preferably accept students who already have a bachelors? i kmow i ask alot of questions but this whole precedure is agonizing, but thanks for the support.

Archived