Summer 2013 Applicants!

@hype21: I dont think rejection letters and alternate list letters will be mailed out until late next week or the week after. As you can see they are still mailing out acceptance letters (Cleverisallxx got hers yesterday). And like I posted earlier, if you don't hear from them by next week, then you can express real concern.

@rwww: No sweetie, everyone sees that screen when they first login to check on their Admissions Checklist. It has always said that. Maybe you didn't see it at first and just always clicked on the link on the left automatically. You should probably send in your mid semester grades. That's what I did, they asked for it. They said they wanted to make sure I was still doing well in all of my classes. So since you won't be able to get your final transcript to them until May/June, try and get your professors to state your progress/status in the classes you are taking. Don't send a deposit, until you know for sure!

If anything guys, call Natasha or the Admissions office and ask for the status of your application, that's what I did last week. Be patient, there's still hope!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been wait-listed. I am hopeful and optimistic though...My PA just mentioned to me , while getting all my vaccines for clearance to register, that she too was wait-listed at DOWNSTATE and she got in. Hopefully we'll all hear back soon - the wait is excruciating!

3 people? where did you get that number? i don't think every one on the alternate list is a member of this forum....my package, only has papers for medical history and immunization but what else do i have to send to the office? they sent me information on financial aid but what other requirements have to be received besides medical information?

3 people? where did you get that number? i don't think every one on the alternate list is a member of this forum....my package, only has papers for medical history and immunization but what else do i have to send to the office? they sent me information on financial aid but what other requirements have to be received besides medical information?

• 4 weeks later...

Just the details about finishing up the background check and acceptance package. I got the call at 9:30 tonight and was thrilled to accept the offer. I am fortunate to be able to drop everything else and start on Monday. I know that is the hardest part about being wait listed for most people.

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone.

I was hoping if someone can help me with this. I applied to Downstate last year and did not get accepted because I was working on three pre-requisite classes at that time. I have applied for 2014 admissions again. The application deadline has extended to November 30th, 2013. Does anyone know when interviews will be held? Can any current downstate PA student give me any advice as to how to proceed with this matter? Should I reach out to Downstate admissions or the PA program? Please help me out.  

• 4 weeks later...

@ Lilac411....In the same boat as you. Was wait-listed last year and sent in my application early this year. Received email that my application has been sent to committee for review. Called up admissions to follow up last week. At this point it's just waiting to hear back I was told. Would love to know if they have already started giving out interviews...

Archived