Summer 2013 Applicants!

Hey hype21 no worries ! my health care experience is about the same as your except I have about an additional 100 shadowing hours and CNA certificate that i recently got. The chair and clinical coordinator interviewed me. as per the science classes I have a a bachelors degree in the sciences so I had to take many higher lever science classes for my degree such as biochem, orgo, and other upper lever science classes. I dont know if they prefer students that have a bachelors . I think they like applicants who have completed all the pre req before applying. Hope that helps!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow.. really? i cant beleive they are still doing interviews, well good luck. it wouldnt be fair for someone to tell you what essay questions to expect but i can tell you that these questions are healthrelated obviously and they give you about an hour for two questions. In the iterview try to be relaxed and not sound like your answers are all rehearsed because they can tell so it's best to sound natural. when exactly is your interview? and what is your gpa? do you have a bachelors?

@hype21 my interview is on wednesday, i was suprised too when they emailed me. i don't have a bachelors degree yet, which is more of the reason i applied to the skol, my GPA is about average for every PA program..... i believe the interview get you the seat not GPA. finger crossed. are u still waiting to hear back from them?

I shadowed a Cardiothorasic Surgical PA....and have pathophysiology which is not as competitive as i would like but im hoping my 4.0 gpa in the sciences can give the lift i need but still havent heard back so im really anxious....HAS ANY ONE BEEN ACCEPTED THAT WAS INTERVIEWED ON FEBRUARY???

Well to be honest i think that a letter at the end of April would just be a denial letter because a few people have already been accepted. In addition i heard that acceptances come in overnight ups packages and those who get rejected receive a letter last, after everyone has already been accepted. So, i'm really hoping to receive a package soon because this wait is agonizing.

i talked to Natasha Roberts and she informed me that they just finished interviews last week and that they would try to respond to all applicants this week. This is why i have been waiting since Feb 14th because they still had interviews left and i guess that early applicants get accepted quicker. This is why they say on the website that the earlier the application the better your chances because they choose students early and the remainder spots are the most competitive since there are many late applicants. They do not choose the last portion of the class until everyone is interviewed and therefor it is more competitive and less chances of getting in. So, GOOD LUCK to all of us who are waitting on a response!

i talked to Natasha Roberts and she informed me that they just finished interviews last week and that they would try to respond to all applicants this week. This is why i have been waiting since Feb 14th because they still had interviews left and i guess that early applicants get accepted quicker. This is why they say on the website that the earlier the application the better your chances because they choose students early and the remainder spots are the most competitive since there are many late applicants. They do not choose the last portion of the class until everyone is interviewed and therefor it is more competitive and less chances of getting in. So, GOOD LUCK to all of us who are waitting on a response!

Hey yoel32 yes if you are accepted it says items needed for registration and has a list of health requirements and also deposit and acceptance reply form all of that will be on your checklist and it will also say requirement for accepted/alternate so yeah you are prob accepted !!! Congrats!! Join our Facebook group!!

Archived