Summer 2013 Applicants!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. I applied to seven different schools through CASPA this summer. I am waiting to hear back from all of the schools. I am not sure how much you know about the application process, but CASPA is one application you fill out, and they send that application out to all of the schools that you choose. Most schools (or maybe all of them?) are rolling admissions. Meaning if they get your application before their specific deadline, they will still review your application and even invite you for interview. It is an exciting, but nervous time.

If you want to apply for this application cycle, I suggest applying ASAP. A lot of schools are already interviewing applicants. The sooner you apply, the better.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All!

I'm in the process of applying to SUNY downstate PA program. I have all my prereqs in place except abnormal psych which I'll be taking in spring next year. I have a 3.4 cumulative with BS in medical technology. (excluding my two A's in AnP1 and 2 which I took as a post-bacc). Also I'm a certified medical lab technologist with about 3 years exp. My concern is that I haven't shadowed a PA yet. Do I still stand any chance? :=Z:

• 4 weeks later...

I personally hand delivered my completed application on Nov 19. I included a few solid reference letters from professors and organizations that volunteered at. My GPA is a bit low though at 3.15. SUNY really is my first choice, and I'm really hopeful about getting accepted - even though it is only a Bachelors and not a Masters degree. Does any one worry that PA's that have a Bachelors are not as competitive as those that have their Masters?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ bhtoon1...congrats on the interview!! Would you mind sharing some of your stats so that I can see where they are at with criteria? I had submitted everything on time, only to receive an email that they had not entered all my information. I had to call up and get them to locate all the paperwork I had submitted on time, so that my application could be forwarded for review. I really hope that didn't mess with my odds of getting an interview...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived