2012/2013 interviews?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many interviews are there per months? I just sent out my application this week. And I will be going out of the country almost the whole month of December:( slightly worried

You can actually look at their current schedule for the program (http://www.lmunet.edu/DCOM/pdfs/pa1-fall-schedule-12.pdf) and at the top of some days, usually thursday and friday, there is a red box that says interview. Those are interview days for this year, I assume.

I was wondering if anyone's heard if they've been accepted or not?? I had my interview back in September and still haven't heard back and it sucks waiting.

I'm waiting to hear back, too. I wonder if they've even made any decisions yet! They told us they'd hopefully let us know something within 2-3 weeks and this Friday marks 2 weeks. Did they tell you the same 2-3 weeks at your interview in September? Good luck!

We were told 1.5 weeks for a notice post interview. People I know from past classes had a 3 day turnaround on acceptances.

Boone, when did you interview? I know there are people in the previous years who interviewed on Thursday and Friday, and then were called on Tuesday. However, there were students in our interview talking about how they heard back 2 weeks after their interview around Thanksgiving. There is an interview today then one Nov 16, so maybe they'll call everyone before Thanksgiving...who knows. :)

Also, I interviewed last year and their class was full around January since they do rolling admission. However, my interview had 14 people (I think) and there are 6 interviews on their calendar, which is only 78 interviews. I'm too curious!

Boone, when did you interview? I know there are people in the previous years who interviewed on Thursday and Friday, and then were called on Tuesday. However, there were students in our interview talking about how they heard back 2 weeks after their interview around Thanksgiving. There is an interview today then one Nov 16, so maybe they'll call everyone before Thanksgiving...who knows. :)

Also, I interviewed last year and their class was full around January since they do rolling admission. However, my interview had 14 people (I think) and there are 6 interviews on their calendar, which is only 78 interviews. I'm too curious!

I interviewed on a Friday and received the call on Monday (2 days waiting were already too much for me LOL). I was on the first group interviewed. One of my classmates only heard from them 2 weeks before the classes started because she was put on a waiting list. It might be bad if you don't get a call within 2 weeks but you can still be called after people that got accepted to other programs decide not to attend LMU. Keep your fingers crossed.

stemp07,

I am class of 2014. Our interviews were much shorter and had double the people, splitting us into morning and afternoon groups. They changed it a little this year to better get to know their applicants, which is great for you guys. Unfortunately, it means for a fuller day for each applicant. Keep in mind that with the changes to the interview process, the faculty may still be working out some kinks. The call-back time does vary for each applicant, and that is true in every class. Some got a call back in a few days, others weeks. LMU-DCOM may need the time to reassess the vacant seats. Try not to take it too much to heart, although I understand how difficult it is to play the waiting game on something as important as this. I did it, too. You truly cannot ask for a more caring faculty! They will do their best to make sure everyone is notified in a timely fashion. Have faith.

For those worrying about not receiving calls, this year the faculty are adopting a different approach to evaluating candidates. Instead of meeting frequently to discuss applicants, they are meeting roughly once a month.

In other words, do not get discouraged if you have not received a call or letter quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived