Personal Statement Length?

I just finished writing my personal statement for the UC Davis PA program and it is five paragraphs and about 1200 words in length. I was wondering if this is too lengthy or if a wordy personal statement is better than a brief one? How long were some of your guys' personal statements. Some feedback would be awesome, thanks.

When I was applying I think I was within a few words of the limit. 5000 words isn't all that long, so I don't think there's anything wrong with using it if you need the space to say what you want to say. It's your biggest opportunity to let ad. committees get to know you as something more than a GPA and transcript, so make use of the space is my advice.

• 2 weeks later...
UC Davis requests a supplemental app for interview invitees so you may have to do another one. I sent my CASPA app to UC Davis 6/5 so I've been waiting!!

oh lord I'm barely applying this Friday near the deadline due to me wanting to barely get over the 1000 hour HCE requirement with my current job. I really hope that does not reflect negatively on my part.

one question, I just submitted my CASPA application today after I got all my letters of recommendation and barely got over 1000 HCE hours with my current job, but I read that it takes forever for the CASPA application to be verified and sent to the school which has a deadline of September 1st, am I pretty much screwed???

one question, I just submitted my CASPA application today after I got all my letters of recommendation and barely got over 1000 HCE hours with my current job, but I read that it takes forever for the CASPA application to be verified and sent to the school which has a deadline of September 1st, am I pretty much screwed???

This will answer your question.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/fnppa/dates.html

Archived