Dismissed from a PA Program

I was dismissed from my PA program halfway through my clinical year for failing the same EOR twice which resulted in a clinical course failure according to program policy. I made a 389 on both EORs which translated to a 74% each time. Passing was 390 or 75%. I appealed the recommendation for dismissal, but lost unfortunately. My PA school GPA was 3.6 before this course failure, and I had never been on academic probation. No medical or family issues. Deceleration was not offered by the program, only dismissal. Four questions which are all related: 1) Is continuing to pursue the PA profession a waste of time given the reality of PA school admissions?  2) Do any of the details of my dismissal matter or will I be viewed no differently from someone who failed out at the beginning of PA school?  3) Much of what I've seen on the topic of PA school dismissal involves dismissal at earlier stages of didactic year, so I'm essentially curious if my story is unique enough to merit more serious consideration from the average PA school admissions committee? 4) Or are all academic dismissals generally viewed the same regardless of their timing or severity? Thanks.

• Sad 1

Hello,

Dismissal? Incredible. Your school`s clinical rotation policy handbook need urgent review. Who will be the next victim? Only time will tell. You are by no means among the least. It is rather too late for you to be seeking another school. Is it possible for you to approach the powers that be again? Beg them. I hope you are dealing with humans. Look at the time and money spent thus far.Again, approach them on your knees! May the odds be in your favor!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
On 1/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, ANESMCR said:

This is a unique dismissal. I’m really surprised they didn’t allow you to continue, simply require a remedial rotation after your graduation, and postpone your pance eligibility. Sorry to hear. 

Basically this, OP.  At some point, you became persona non grata because there is simply no other way to explain this level of vindictiveness and pettiness.

Oh: Yes, not really, no, yes. Sorry.