Attending the Student Q&A after interview

The admission counselors stated that if offered an interview and not accepted, then what went wrong was the interview. So it made me wonder if attending the student Q&A would still be helpful in regards to getting into the school? Or are the counselors being completely honest and after the interview there are no further components that they look at. The particular school I'm asking about is Western university located in california. Thanks! 

I can't swear that it's the same everywhere, but I have done interviews for two different schools. The student Q&A sessions were not part of the interview process and the opinions of students who were not part of interview teams were not solicited nor used in evaluating applicants.

Especially now, when it's hard to get groups of people together, I think it would be a mistake not to take advantage of the opportunity to get input from current students. Ask them what you want to know before you lay down your money to go to their school. Practice some diplomacy in the process, if only not to offend them.

Edited by UGoLong

7 hours ago, PAHopefu1 said:

The admission counselors stated that if offered an interview and not accepted, then what went wrong was the interview. So it made me wonder if attending the student Q&A would still be helpful in regards to getting into the school? Or are the counselors being completely honest and after the interview there are no further components that they look at. The particular school I'm asking about is Western university located in california. Thanks! 

Hi, I’m actually a current student at Western U.  I don’t think your decision to attend or not attend the Q&A has any impact on your chances of being accepted.  I myself did not attend the Q&A when I interviewed because my interview time was early in the morning and the Q&A wasn’t scheduled until later in the afternoon.  I didn’t feel like waiting around for the Q&A to start, plus all my questions had already been answered on the school’s website and during a little pre-interview presentation they did, so I just left after my interview was over.  Didn’t seem to hurt me, as I received my offer a couple weeks later.  

If you have any questions about the program, feel free to DM me 🙂

good luck!