Anyone accepted Hybrid program?

Hi, is there anyone who got accepted into Univ. of Pittsburgh Hybrid program here? I’m waitlisted there, and they postponed the starting date to January 2023. If I get accepted to other school which starts in August or September, what should I do? Do I choose 3 year in-person school or wait for a chance to get accepted to the Hybrid program. Univ. of Pittsburgh Hybrid was my top choice since I have young kids. Please anyone can share their situations or feelings..or anything about hybrid program…?

On 1/7/2022 at 6:53 PM, LetsgoPA7 said:

Hi, is there anyone who got accepted into Univ. of Pittsburgh Hybrid program here? I’m waitlisted there, and they postponed the starting date to January 2023. If I get accepted to other school which starts in August or September, what should I do? Do I choose 3 year in-person school or wait for a chance to get accepted to the Hybrid program. Univ. of Pittsburgh Hybrid was my top choice since I have young kids. Please anyone can share their situations or feelings..or anything about hybrid program…?

I am in the same boat as you. If I get accepted I will choose Univ. of Pittsburgh Hybrid Program. I am waitlisted as well. 

On 1/7/2022 at 6:53 PM, LetsgoPA7 said:

By the way did you get an email today about the zoom January 18th? 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am interviewing on 3/8 at 8am EST was just wondering how much the seat deposit is and how long after you got your acceptance was it due. I just wanna have an idea so I can be prepared as I already had to put a non-refundable seat deposit down for another program as I wanted to make sure I would be able to attend a program without having to reapply although U.Pitt Hybrid is my first choice. Thanks

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, CourtneyPrePA said:

Hello! I am considering applying for the current cycle, but I am having a hard time finding out exactly how much of this program is completed online. Is it realistic to be in this program while living out of state? Or are there certain times you need to be on campus? Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi! There are three 5 day? immersion weeks, one each semester. It is designed for out of state students so I wouldn't worry. All online programs have immersions. The only issue that I am very nervous about it clinical rotations. They have been very vague every step of the way about local rotations and keep pushing the whole "send us any potation rotation sites near you" thing.  I would imagine for most people interested in this program travelling to rotations would be a make it or break it so fingers crossed. Their rotation locations should be out in July they said. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2022 at 4:59 PM, CourtneyPrePA said:

Hello! I am considering applying for the current cycle, but I am having a hard time finding out exactly how much of this program is completed online. Is it realistic to be in this program while living out of state? Or are there certain times you need to be on campus? Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

I don’t see this hybrid program open this cycle? Is it on CASPA? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2022 at 7:15 AM, DietitianTurnedPA said:

I don’t see this hybrid program open this cycle? Is it on CASPA? 

This January 2023 start date was in the last CASPA cycle. I believe they will open CASPA for the January 2024 in the coming months (presumably once they receive accreditation later this month and finish admissions for the 2023 start).

• 10 months later...
On 6/3/2022 at 1:24 AM, PAtobe2024 said:

Hi! There are three 5 day? immersion weeks, one each semester. It is designed for out of state students so I wouldn't worry. All online programs have immersions. The only issue that I am very nervous about it clinical rotations. They have been very vague every step of the way about local rotations and keep pushing the whole "send us any potation rotation sites near you" thing.  I would imagine for most people interested in this program travelling to rotations would be a make it or break it so fingers crossed. Their rotation locations should be out in July they said. 

Hi! I know this is a bit of a late post, but have you found out anything about their rotations? I'm definitely interested in the program and want to know more, but I don't see any upcoming information sessions with them. Clinical rotations wouldn't necessarily be a make or break, but I would really like to know more details.