2012-2013 Application Cycle: Class of 2015!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I will also be interviewing.. Group A. Does anyone have any information on what to expect with Baylor's interview process? Group vs Individual interviews? Intense vs Relaxed/Personable? Also, I will be flying in from out of town so if anyone has good recommendations for close by hotels I'd appreciate it. Congratulations to everyone interviewing, I am excited to meet you!

I'm in Group A and work for Baylor. My coworkers and I usually have a small running group on Thursdays. The orientation mixer gets out at 6:30ish which is when we usually start thus making me miss the group run. Soooo, if anyone is interested in going for a two or three miler after the mixer around 7pm I know a couple trails (at Rice Univ or Hermann Park). No fears -- I run casually at around 10.5 min mile pace. You have to be in town anyway! If you are interested text me at 713-264-2588

Has anyone heard anything about the student host program? I have a place to stay already but am wondering if I should instead stay with a student host. I wasn't sure if this helped prepare you for the interview or whatnot. Also, has anyone heard about the format of the interview/what type of questions they might ask?

• 2 weeks later...

I made it through the two-day orientation / interview (Group A) yesterday. What a great program!! Everything was super organized, well run, comfortable, friendly yet still very professional. Nice job BCM PA Program!! One of the 'roses on the cake' (maybe the biggest) is that the program director himself, Carl Fasser, calls each person extended an acceptance offer seven days after the interview. How awesome is that! I think that this is one great example of the character of this awesome program. As a PA, I hope that I will always strive to be superb in all of the technical / academic aspects and never, never, lose sight of the paramount need to be absolutely exceptional at the one-on-one, personal touch, patient interaction ... often at the wee hours of the morning, when no one else is around.

I wish everyone interviewing with Baylor the very best. I met many, many super-qualified peers. We are so fortunate to have so many 'great ones' coming into the PA field.

Suerte a todos y que vayan con Dios!!

It's past 10:30 central time, which is really late. It's likely Professor Fasser has called everyone guaranteed a seat. Are we allowed to call on Monday in regards to where we are in the wait list? I know he said it fluctuates a lot, but it would help me with figuring out how I should take the rest of my prerequisites.

Also, do people know how much the wait list moved in past years for Baylor?

It does sound late but I can attest that Houston traffic was extra terrible Friday after work so it's entirely possible prof Fasser got held up. I can't believe only one pa forum stalker got in! I'm really praying that I am high on alternate list because Baylor really felt like home to me. From last year it seems like it takes them a week or so to either call or email people who are on alternate list. I'm not entirely certain how it works but I'm pretty confident we can call next week to find out more. You know the PowerPoint we were given says they would be doing acceptance calls on the 20th but I'm pretty sure those were dates for last year that didnt get updated on our handouts. And since there was one confirmation of a call last night my grasp at that long shot went out the window. There is always next year if nothing else...

It is a long shot, but it is entirely possible, most years there are at least 10 people post on the forum. Looking at the previous 3 years it seems like around 4 people get in off the alternate list but it varies a lot from year to year. However, this is a very small sample size of PA Forum stalkers we are looking at and I haven't gotten my hopes up. It couldn't take that long to call 40 people so I'm just going to assume that Prof. Fasser got through everybody and we are now looking at the alternate list.

I have to apologize to all of you PA Forum 'stalkers' out there monitoring this particular forum for not posting this earlier. I have been checking various links on this forum over the past few months and they have really helped. I really appreciate everyone that participates.

My last name starts with a "B". I received "the call" at 4:00pm central time from Katherine Erdman, Asst Program Director, with the awesome news that I was accepted. She indicated that Director Fasser was extremely busy and they decided to 'divide and conquer' so that those of us going crazy wondering would be able to have a great weekend. The conversation was extremely comfortable and warm. She followed it up with an email indicating that a letter would be sent this coming week.

I trust that everyone else out there pursuing the PA field will find success. Keep trying and working hard. I know that it will be worth the continued effort.

Best!!

I also received a call from Mrs. Erdman on Friday night at 5:15; my last name starts with an “F”. Good news to someone on the waiting list. I will not be attending Baylor this June as I have opted to attend UT Southwestern as it is closer to friends and family. This was a difficult decision for me as both programs are spectacular in all areas; however, I think due to proximity to home Southwestern will be a better fit for me. Good luck and congratulations to the incoming class!

You can email prof. Fasser to find out how far down alternate list you are. Of course it is still changing daily with ppl accepting offers from other places but if you are extremely far down then at least you will have closure and a chance to look ahead to the next application cycle. I still feel lucky to have gotten an interview to such a prestigious school and even though it won't be this year for me I am hopeful for next year.

Archived