School won't offer rotations in Colorado due to Worker's Compensation Act of 2019

Hi! I am at PA school in Nevada and hoping to practice in Colorado upon graduation, and to do clinical rotations there as well. My school allows for out-of-state rotations if the student initiates much of the logistics and legwork, but has stated they do not offer the required worker's compensation insurance coverage for students that Colorado has implemented as law in 2019. Anyone have experience with this? Any way to get around this? I am REALLY hoping to rotate at a specific hospital that I'd love to work at in the future that is a teaching location for rural medicine. 

• 4 weeks later...

Our company (CSA - Colorado Surgical Affiliates)  allows APPs to rotate with us.  We staff the only level II trauma center between Denver and Salt Lake.   APPs experience assisting in the OR, assisting on the trauma service and clinic.  We are also hiring those who are ready to graduate.  We have 14 surgeons and they offer mentorship to new graduates. 

Grand Junction, Colorado has a great outdoor lifestyle.  We have many activities and dining opportunities while maintaining a small city feel because we service a rural population.

I am the CEO.  My email is cblue@csagj.com and my direct phone number is 970-257-4747 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...